Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

4 posters

Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events

Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events Empty Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events

Post  Banditks Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:24 pm

CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 1

Taking/Have the territory of Belegost. Also Must have "Blue Mountains on the rise"

Rebuilding the city of Belegost will take a long time and take a large portion of resources devoted over long periods of time. The Dwarves however are more than up for the job now that the blue mountains are restored to their former glory. The Dwarves can now focus on rebuilding one of their greatest cities and make it better than ever.

Yes: Cost 1000 gold and 100 gold per turn for 4 turns.

No: Slight unrest in all Ered Luin settlements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UPGRADE EVENT
    CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 2

Rebuilding Belegost Part 1

Rebuilding the city of Belegost is on its first steps and needs to continue. Defend the city against attack to give the builders more time to fortify the mountain side. Giving enough time, about a year, new strong defenses can be put into place to defend the entrance to Belegost.

Yes: Cost 1500 gold and 200 gold per turn for 4 turns. also gives the town stone walls or special building for mountain defenses that act like stone walls.

No: Hold off Rebuilding Belegost Part 2 for 3 turns. Unrest in all Ered Luin settlements and -1 obedience to closest general.

UPGRADE EVENT
    CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 3

Rebuilding Belegost Part 2

Rebuilding the city of Belegost is on its first steps and needs to continue. The defenses are up but now we must jump start out economy so we will be able to support troops. We must delve halls to use to hold supplies and weapons.

Yes: Cost 1700 gold and 400 gold per turn for 3 turns. also gives the town farm +2 or special building for food production.

No: Hold off Rebuilding Belegost Part 3 for 3 turns. Unrest in all Ered Luin settlements and -1 obedience to closest general.

UPGRADE EVENT
    CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 4

Rebuilding Belegost Part 3

Rebuilding the city of Belegost is on its mid step and needs to press ever onward. We have the stores of food we need to support warriors. We now need to give those brave souls a place to hone their grim skills. A place where Axe and shield can be used to create iron warriors that have not be seen for over an age.

Yes: Cost 2000 gold and 500 gold per turn for 2 turns. also gives the Adv Barracks or special building for special defensive unit.

No: Hold off Rebuilding Belegost Part 4 for 3 turns. medium Unrest in all Ered Luin settlements. -1 loyalty to closest general.

UPGRADE EVENT
    MENACE EVENT
    CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 5

Rebuilding Belegost Part 4

Rebuilding the city of Belegost is on its mid step and needs to press ever onward. We have the men and now we must clear the deep roads and deep mines of scum that lie in the dark places of our old home. Before we can strike out against those orcs and goblins of Angmar or the misty mountains, we must make our footing strong.

Yes: Spawn half stack goblins next to Belegost and they must be defeated or leave the province in terror.

No: Hold off Rebuilding Belegost Part 5 for 3 turns.

UPGRADE EVENT
    REINFORCE MILITARY EVENT
    CHAINED EVENT

Rebuilding Belegost Part 6

Rebuilding Belegost Part 5 and goblin army not in Belegost territory

Our city is nearly finished! our warriors are strong and battle hardened and our war drums sound in the deeps! it is now we march off to war and that grim business of death. Our terrible masks will be donned once again and the enemy will tremble. Our allies will know of our renewed strength and take note not to stand between us and our goals.

Yes: Belegost thrown room built and war declared on the OOTM and Angmar. Being i dont know the unit roster for the BMD i will just have to say a few units spawn as well.[Maybe mask wearing unit?]

No: Hold off Rebuilding Belegost Part 6 for 4 turns. Unrest in all Ered Luin settlements and Faction leader receives a lazy trait.

What do you think? Should i do more events for my most faved race ever? Also if they start with belegost just change it over to Nogrod

Last edited by Banditks on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events Empty Re: Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events

Post  Squeaky Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:01 am

Absolutely brilliant! A first event here, a huge chained event, an imaginative way of doing it, and just great! I love Dwarvies too, and it's good to see some of the first age creeping in...the mention of the masks is a nice touch, and you've tackled it differently than we've seen before, so great.

Maybe we'd have to make a unit for the new mask wearing dwarves of Belegost??
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events Empty Re: Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events

Post  Banditks Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks! i am glad you like it! I had been thinking on the event all day and ways to make it interesting and fun for the players.
    Would be kinda cool to give the dwarves of belegost a "Dragon Slayer" type unit. I have a series of questions so i can make some more events for the dwarven factions.

Are all the rings of power giving to the dwarves gone and cant be found? I think i remember mordor had collected quite a few of them.

The jewel that was very important to Thorin and the lonely mountain where is it now? i dont have a copy of the hobbit to track down info about it.

Did Mt. Gundabad have a dwarven name? I know the long beards started off there and it was i think Durin was set there by the one god to sleep untill it was his time so that Mt has special meaning to all dwarves.

Is there a site out there that has quite of bit of info written down about Khazadum?

Do you guys have general ancillaries for each of the dwarven clans? Ironfist, Broadbeam, Longbeard, Firebeard, Blacklock, Stiffbeard Stonefoot... i think thats all of them..

I am very pro-dwarf and am kinda sick reading the endless stories that just have them dieing off so most of my events will be bringing them back to their former glory or better.

I am very excited about this mod and i really cant wait to see a release of it. Keep up the awesome work!
    Jakev2
    Jakev2
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Dog

Post  Jakev2 Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 am

Firstly, excellent event Banditks. You were right in a way to call it an upgrade event, but technically it is a chained event, so could you possibly change the description? Also, we are going to structure these forums by each player having his own event thread in any faction sub-forum he writes for, so I'm changing the title of this thread to "Banditks' Blue Mountains Dwarves Events". Feel free to change it to something else if you don't like the title. Now, your qestions:

Banditks wrote:
    Are all the rings of power giving to the dwarves gone and cant be found? I think i remember mordor had collected quite a few of them.

Yes, as far as I remember they had mostly been taken by Mordor, but something in the back of my head is telling me a couple were destroyed by dragon fire/taken by dragons...

Edit: Having looked it up, Sauron has three, and the other four were destroyed by dragons.

The jewel that was very important to Thorin and the lonely mountain where is it now? i dont have a copy of the hobbit to track down info about it.

You are reffering to the Arkenstone. It's final resting place is described as:

"Thorin Oakenshield died in the battle (of the five armies), and he was laid to rest beneath the Lonely Mountain. Bard placed the Arkenstone on Thorin's breast, saying, "There let it lie till the Mountain falls! May it bring good fortune to all his folk that dwell here after!" (Hobbit, p. 303)"

Did Mt. Gundabad have a dwarven name? I know the long beards started off there and it was i think Durin was set there by the one god to sleep untill it was his time so that Mt has special meaning to all dwarves.

Gundabad itself is a word of Dwarvish origin.

Is there a site out there that has quite of bit of info written down about Khazadum?

The main site I use for all my LoTR info is:

http://www.tuckborough.net/

Do you guys have general ancillaries for each of the dwarven clans? Ironfist, Broadbeam, Longbeard, Firebeard, Blacklock, Stiffbeard... i think thats all of them..

I think it was only the Broadbeams and Longbeards who existed in Western Middle-Earth at this time...but I don't know if we have any plans, sorry.

I am very pro-dwarf and am kinda sick reading the endless stories that just have them dieing off so most of my events will be bringing them back to their former glory or better.

Excellent to hear, this fits in with what I want from Dwarven events, as when playing as the Dwarves the player will obviously be trying to make them great, and if this is helped along and supported stroy-wise by events, so much the better.

I am very excited about this mod and i really cant wait to see a release of it. Keep up the awesome work!

Good to see that others feel the same enthusiasm we who are working on the mod do Very Happy
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:09 am

Blast i had an event idea dealing with the rings. Stupid dragons... I think i remember reading somewhere Sauron offered the three rings to the dwarves if they did something for him.

Sorry i will add CHAINED EVENT to all the parts.

allright so the jewel is also out of reach.

I have looked up here
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Nogrod
    that the firebeards home was Nogrod in the blue mountains. but that was back in the first age.

and as long as its accurate and helps you guys out you can change the title to what ever.
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Oh, you've helped us out marvellously, and I can't wait to see the next dwarven ones...we don't have a LOT of dwarf ones done, so you're ideal!! Pleas, please carry on, as I love your work!

Okay, Firebeards, Longbeards and Broadbeams are in....will think about traits etc down to them...suggestions?

Thanks

Squeak
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Alright i have already thought of a few more chained events with sub events like the one i already created.
    I do have some suggestions on the dwarven clans. where can i post them?

Last edited by Banditks on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:10 pm

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Purging of Angmar Part 1

Taking the territory of Angmar must wait 2 turns. Also Must have "Blue Mountains on the rise"

We have cleared the surface fortress and made it secure but we Dwarves know there are underground caves and have found them! they are crudely carved Orc travesties not fit even for humans! We must purge them from these "Halls" and build them anew for our own warriors and the coming of our great nation!

Yes: Cost 2000 gold and 100 gold per turn for 2 turns. Spawns quarter stack orc rabble.

No: Hold off Purging of Angmar part 1 for 2 turns. Nearest general gets -1 loyalty and Ruler gets lazy trait.

--------------------------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Purging of Angmar Part 2

Must complete Purging on Angmar Part 1, Orc rabble destroyed or not in the territory

The first level of caves are cleared and our warriors are ready to press on pass these supply caverns into the forges and armories below. The orcs will be ready for us this time they know we are coming and dread our arrival. let us ease their lives by ending them!

Yes: Cost 1000 gold and 100 gold per turn for 2 turns. Spawns half stack orc warriors.

No: Hold off Purging of Angmar part 2 for 2 turns. Nearest general gets -1 loyalty and Ruler gets lazy trait.

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Purging of Angmar Part 3

Must complete Purging on Angmar Part 2, Orc warriors destroyed or not in the territory

The first and second level of caves are cleared and our warriors are ready to press on and claim these mines for our own! the last level is here. Something is wrong however these halls are much more carefully made than the last we hear no orc sounds ahead but we feel foes nearby.. We shall dawn our masks and press on even if dragons lay here they will fall before us like in ages past!

Yes: Cost 2000 gold and 200 gold per turn for 2 turns. Spawns half stack human warriors with Black Númenróeans leading them.

No: Hold off Purging of Angmar part 3 for 2 turns. Nearest general gets -1 loyalty and Ruler gets lazy trait.

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Purging of Angmar Part 4

Must complete Purging on Angmar Part 3, human warriors with Black Númenróeans destroyed or not in the territory

All three levels of Angmar are ours! we have victory finally and the last battle was the bloodiest of them all. Now we must rebuild these mines into proper dwarven halls and forges. Show the world that no matter how dark we dwarves can purge the evil from the depths. Angmar is now a dwarven hold and will be always.

Yes: Cost 5000 gold. builds Dwarven halls acts like barracks but adds +1 experience Ruler gets +1 athurotiy from the blade of Black Númenróean general that was slain.

No: Hold off Purging of Angmar part 4 for 5 turns. Nearest general gets -1 loyalty and Ruler gets lazy trait.

also all the yes/no requirments and costs can be edited and changed to what ever you think is balanced.
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 am

SPANKING!

Again v good...Dwarves are motoring now....you're single-handedly turning around the lack of stuff for the Dwarves...Khazad's covered heavikly, but Ered Luin and Erebor are less than satisfactory at present, so you're like a breath of fresh air here...thanks again. If you ever need a home here, there will be one.
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 am

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Creating a Bond among Men

Must have Good relations with the Rangers of the North.

Out of all the people and beasts of middle earth currently no other works harder against our foe the orcs. These long lived men have spent generations fighting Angmar with no hope of reinforcements from the weak bloodlines of the south. We should show our appreciation and support for these rare people of Arnor. Their kingdom does not seem so differnt than our own we are both stuck struggling in the twilight. My I suggest an act of friendship to bring our two people closer so we may in the future both kill orcs on the same battlefield.

Out of all the men of middle earth these Numenoreans are the best at crafting stone and shaping metal. Let us carve them a great statue of their ancient kings who fought Angmar so long ago.

Yes: Cost 5000 gold. Fornost gets a 500 population boost. Dwarves get increased relation status to the rangers of the north.

No: -1 popularity to Ruler

-----------------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Creating a Bond among Men

Must have Outstanding relations with the Rangers of the North.

We have come to know and create strong bonds among these Rangers and Numenoreans. However when our kin saw Fornost for the first time their hearts sank due to the state of their ancient fortress. Let us rebuild their home and steel them against angmar because we will fight shoulder to shoulder with them against angmar. our Craftsmen are eager to return the glory of that place and teach the orcs to fear these men once again.

There great walls will once again give the witch king pause and the towers will cut down the orc rabble as it had in second age. Let us send troops and craftsmen to help them reclaim a bit of their past glory!

Yes: -500 population in capital. Cost 5000 Gold. Ruler gets +2 authority and relations stay strong. Alliance is also created if there isn't one. Fornost is upgraded to the next level castle. Or they recivie special building/buildings that represent the new walls and towers the dwarves created.

No: -2 Popularity for Ruler. decreased relations with Rangers of the North.

MERCENARY EVENT

We have Stirred the Numenoreans

Must have Good relations with the Rangers of the North. And have taken any settlement from Angmar

The Numenoreans see our continuing war that we wage against their Ancient foe and have been stirred to join us in battle! An Ranger general has come to pledge his men sword's and his bow to help us kill the Witch King and his minions. Should we accept their aid? they are so few it might be risky to to take them on into the battles we fight.

Yes: Costs 2000 gold. General who took or is closest to Angmar receives Ranger General Retinue[+3 Command when fighting Angmar +2 Light of sight +1 movement] 2 unit of Rangers and 1 unit of Numenorean swordsmen spawn next to recently captured settlement.

No: Army spawns next to Rangers of the north Captial and slight decrease in relation with that faction.

Last edited by Banditks on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

AGain very*very*very good event....keep 'em coming...love 'em! Uhm, I'm away for a week tomorrow, so won't be here, but please make me a happy Squeak when I get back!!! cheers
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

I will be posting up events for a few more hours today as i polish them in my mind. As for this week i will try my best to round out some more events that deepen the faction. I still have a good number of ideas rolling around i just need to give them some polish.

I have a quick question. How is Moria set up? is it more than one settlement? I am thinking about events for that place for the Blue Mountain Dwarves.

Last edited by Banditks on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Khazad-Dum IS more than one settlement, yes. Events that come from the Blue Mountains would be good....for the dwarves there to send aid to Moria etc.

:bounce:
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Alright well if i could be giving a general idea how many settlements there are and where they are located i could do events for all seven levels and seven deeps. I have been thinking about events for each for the last few days now.

Here is something for Gundabad since it is such a holy place for the dwarves.

I will be busy with college and work the next few days but i hope soon to have more events up here dealing with the elves and Khazad-dûm.

---------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 1

Must have taken Mt Gundabad. also 5 turns must have pasted holding Mt. Gundabad

We have cleared the surface and surrounding area of Orcs. Like we did War of the Dwarves and Orcs and we have done so again. Now we must clear our ancient halls of this filth! let us press deep into the earth and clear every corner of this place and make it once again a holy place for all Dwarves to remember all of our clan fathers.

Yes: Spawn Quarter stack orc rabble. Nearest General gains +3 army moral. Wait 5 turns to trigger next event

No: -2 popularity of Ruler for being weak and temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 10 turns to redo event.

---------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 2

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 1. Also Orc Rabble killed or they leave the province

We have purged our ancient halls and now we must clear these "Caves" the orcs carved deep into the mountain. We hear those cured drums in the deep and we mean to silence them forever. Give us the order to send our warriors into those caves let the orcs hear the not their drums but the steps of our army.

Yes: Spawn half stack orc Warriors. Nearest General gains +3 army moral.Wait 5 turns to trigger next event

No: -2 popularity of Ruler for being weak and temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 10 turns to redo event.

---------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 3

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 2. Also Orc warriors killed or they leave the province

We have secured Gundabad for our people. Now we must reforge this place and make it anew for our people to live in. Let us send our miners and Craftsmen into the halls and depths. Carve out new mines and new halls.

Yes: 3000 gold cost. Special Building "Halls of Gundabad" +2 to public Order +2 to Population growth. Wait 5 turns to trigger next event

---------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 4

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 3.

We have secured Gundabad for our people. The halls are built and the mines are pouring out many treasures. We must not forget that orcs and goblins are still out there destroying our ancient holds. Let us build a great forge here that will arm our warriors for the battles ahead. They will come to fear Gundabad Axes very soon.

Yes: 4000 gold cost. Special Building "Forge of Gundabad" +2 attack for all trained warriors here +1 attack for all trained warriors in every province. Wait 5 turns to trigger next event

---------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 5

The Purge of Gundabad and Rebuilding of Durins Holy Place Part 4.

Gundabad is reclaimed and rebuilt. Our people are moving toward their former glory and we must continue working without faltering and very soon we will reclaim Khazad-dûm we have lost contact with out colony there we must reinforce our brother! Before that can be accomplished let us do one last great work here in Gundabad. Let us carve one last great hall that will only be used for the business of war and training new warriors.

Yes: 2000 gold cost. 800 gold for 10 turns. after 10 turns top level barracks is built in Gundabad. Ruler gets "Reforged Gundabad" +2 popularity +2 population growth.

---------------------
    Elven Related events
    ---------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Mending old wounds.

Ok Relations with the elves of the havens of Lindon

We have come to know these elves of the gray havens they love the sea as much as the stone the live among in their great city. They have done much to mend our strained relations and I would suggest to you my king that now we do something for them. Long ago we helped the elves carve Nargothrond and create great works of our craft with them and we should do so again. Let us send a delegation of dwarven craftsmen to work with them and create once more.

Yes: All current Generals gain +1 hit-point for "Coalition Armor". The first Dwarven-Elven armor made in this age. These are just the first steps to greater works that this Age has yet to see. -100 population for craftsmen going to work with the elves.

No: +1 popularity but decrease in relations with the elves.

---------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Building Bridges.

Good Relations with the elves of the havens of Lindon

We have learned from the elves and taught much to the elves, our relations are warming. However there is much left to do to heal the wounds that our two people have inflicted on each other over the ages. Let us offer our stonework to secure their homes from attack. Let us build defenses around their harbor cites.

Yes: Ruler Gains "Elven Lieutenant" +2 Sight +1 Movement. 4000 Gold Cost and 100 gold for 5 turns. Elven cites gain "Dwarven Walls" Reinforced gates or extra wall defenses.

No: +1 popularity but decrease in relations with the elves. Redo event in 5 turns.

---------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Friendships Reforged.

Outstanding Relations with the elves of the havens of Lindon

Our craftsmen have thought long and hard on Nargothrond and feel a new attempt should be made to give the elves a proper fortress. Only The Silvan Elves of Mirkwood seem to know the value of good solid earth and rock. Let us send out Miners and Craftsmen to build them a great gift.

Yes: 50% chance for the Ruler to Gain "Elven General" +4 Sight +2 Movement +1 Command +1 Authority. Also Mithlond gains "Dwarven Fortress" Huge stone walls and Mithlond General Gains "Dwarven General" +4 command when defending +2 hit points.
    Cost 5000 gold.
    50% Chance for nothing to happen.

No: +1 popularity but decrease in relations with the elves down to "ok".

---------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

"Speak, friend, and enter"

Outstanding Relations with the elves of the havens of Lindon. Also has had the farthest west Moria settlement. Also completed "Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth." event chain

Long ago the Elf-lord Celebrimbor and the Dwarf Narvi created the Doors of Durin and they somehow were destroyed. We have accomplished much in our relations with the elves and this was a special event for our two races. Let us once again build a door between our people so we may trade and benefit from each other.

Yes: cost 1000 gold 100 gold for 2 turns. Increased trade increased relation with all elven faction.

No: decreased relation with all elven faction. hold off event for 10 turns.

---------------------

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

"The Great Gates"

has the farthest east Moria settlement. And completed "Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth." event chain

The Dimrill Dale is the location of the Great Gates of Moria and long ago they were broken open. We should rebuild them to secure our new home. these gates where first created by Durin after he had a vision of these deeps and halls, and we should honor his memory. Around these gates we will carve the heroic deeds of our people taking back these great halls. These gates will soon see the vast wealth of the earth traded between the races.

Yes: cost 2000 gold 100 gold for 2 turns. Increased trade. better roads for movement. reinforced gates.

No: -1 authority for Ruler. hold off event for 10 turns.

Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 pm

---------------------
    Moria Related Events
    ---------------------
    I am currently researching and trying to find anything about the 7 levels and 7 deeps of Moria so i can create a master set of events for all the dwarven factions to enjoy. This includes maps and any references from any book i can get my hands on.

allright i have created an outline on what is in the 7 levels and 7 deeps. Now to just flesh out some story.

Found a map but no details in it sadly they are all too small for me to read!. So i have contacted the creator of the map in hopes to see if i can get some detail or buy a copy of that map from him.
    Banditks' Blue Mountain Dwarves Events Moria10

Alright here is the start of my Moria events! I took some things from the movies and books to help me add flavor to the events.

------------------------------------

CHAINED EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 1

1 Turn after taking the first settlement of Moria.

Khazad-dûm our ancestors greatest creation. All the clans lived here at one time or another. Some of our greatest works have come from these halls and deeps. Now our once great home lies dark and filled with corruption that must be purged. Those drums in the deeps will be silenced once and for all. the fiery wrath of Durins Bain will be extinguished under the striking of our axes. Each step we take we will never retreat to and the orcs will once again know that our vengeance knows no limit for them. These Dwarves take the Oath of Khazad-dûm outside the ruined Doors of Durin. We will never leave these halls till every last corner of it is ours once again.

Scout Reports: Our scouts have returned and report that the way into the city is clear however they have found Dwarven corpses that have died in battle. These deaths are fresh! so we know somewhere in Khazad-dûm a Dwarf still draws breath! The troops are eager to join in battle against the orcs and take back what is rightfully ours.

Yes: All generals inside a "Moria" related settlement gain "Oath of Khazad-dûm" +4 Command +3 When Defending +3 when attacking +1 Hit points +5 Moral. The Ruler Also gains this Trait. Every General who enters while this chained event is going on also gains the Oath.

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event.

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 2

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 1

We are now the Oath Bearers.

We have pressed into what are the receiving halls and have reclaimed the 1st Hall. Our scouts report at least 3 more Halls, including what seems to be a trading Hall, to take on this level. We have 7 levels and 7 Deeps to retake and we will retake them all. The 1st Hall will be our base of operations so we can keep Durins Doors for reinforcements. These Halls are so expertly crafted and so vast. The combined fires and torches of our army cant light up this hall. The pillars just dissipate into the darkness above. The air is stale and close as if the walls our watching us but we will not falter in our resolve. Our Knowledge of this place might not be what it once was but we will press on.

General! we just had a report from one of our scouts! He was scouting out the 3rd Hall and he heard noises of battle. He found a well that went deep into the lower levels and he heard our kin fighting in the depths of Khazad-dûm we must hurry to help them!

Yes: Half Stack of Goblin warriors spawn next to settlement.

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -1 Command to all "Oath Bearers"

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 3

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 2 wait till goblin warriors are destroyed or leave the province.

We the Oath Bearers.

In The deep those cursed drums pound on and on each strike leading the goblins against our Kin below. Those drums also lead wave after wave of evil against us. We say let them come, they will all fall below our axes! We the Oath Bearers will never stop our attack until they are all dead.
    General Our scouts are under attack from cave trolls! They were trying to find a way down into the second level and stumbled into a breeding pit for those foul beasts. This is a mixed blessing a curse. We can clear out those things now and not have to hunt them down later. However we are just starting our campaign into this place this is a risk to attack.

Yes: Half Stack of Trolls spawn next to settlement.

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -2 Command to all "Oath Bearers"

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 4

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 3 wait till Trolls are destroyed or leave the province.

We the Oath Bearers.

We have finally secured totally the first level my King. Our first step of fourteen lay out ahead of us. Our scouts have found a clear path down into the second level. they report that more trade halls lay below, and even some of our old clan living halls! There were even found some vaults bearing the seals of the clans. We have very few surviving records what lay in these halls but some bear our own clan the Broadbeams! Our master scout who is a Broadbeam himself noticed an indentation that is exactly like your Ring. Should we try to use the ring to open the vault? The Army is also ready to press into the 5th through 8th Halls of the second level.

Yes: Quarter stack of goblin warriors spawn. All "Oath Bearers" gain "Ered Luin War Mask" +2 Hit points +1 Command. Ruler gains "Azaghâl War Mask" +3 Hit points +2 Command -This mask was worn by the greatest of Broadbeam lords his name was Azaghâl. He lead his army, in the first age, with the sons of Feanor the most wrathful of all the elven kind. It is no wonder Azaghâl Allied with them to fight against Morgoth. Azaghâl fell in battle against Glaurung the Father of All Dragons. However that worm was so greatly wounded by our old king and his army it had to flee like a coward back to its spawning pit.-

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -3 Command to all "Oath Bearers"

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 5

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 4 wait till goblin warriors are destroyed or leave the province.

We the Oath Bearers.

We Have cleared some of our old clan holdings and all of the dwarven people are growning more and more eager to take back Khazad-dûm from the Goblins. Reinforcements from Ered Luin have arrived to help keep the 1st hall secured. Our Army will press down into the 8th Hall as our new base. The level below we only know is a maze of tunnels connecting and going deep into the mountain and leading back up into the level we are in. The longer we wait on this level the thinner our ranks grow. The goblins know those tunnels better than us for now and can strike us from seemingly anywhere. Our scouts have already seen the great highway of "Durin's Way" soon that passage will sound with the voices of our miners and ring with the sound of hammer and pick.
    Our scouts just report that an army of Goblins are pressing in on our position from all directions! Pick up your axe and lets join in battle against these scum and send them screaming back into tunnels below then follow them down.

Yes: Full stack of goblin spawn.

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -1 Command to all "Oath Bearers"

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 6

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 5 wait till goblin Army is destroyed or they leave the province.

We the Oath Bearers.

We have cut them off from their.. ,now and forever, OUR main roadways! Today we have struck a great blow to the goblins and orcs alike at the same time we helped our kin below in the deeps. reinforcements for the goblins will take days longer to reach the battle against the dwarves. They will be giving time so we may reach them and finally help them in battle!. We must not falter or slow our march now we should send more scouts out and find the way down into the 4 level of Khazad-dûm.
    Our scouts report that this level holds the 9th 10th 11th and 12th halls a mixture of clan holds and resource management headquarters. These tunnels used to be the very life blood of Khazad-dûm. moving dwarf and material around quickly to any location inside these mountains. They will once again echo our peoples voices.

Yes: All "Oath Bearers" gain "Moria Adament" -an uncut gem that seemed to serve an important purpose inside Khazad-dûm that is still hidden. Let us all hope that the use of these gems becomes known soon.-

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -1 Loyalty to all "Oath Bearers"

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 7

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 6

We the Oath Bearers.

Level 4 lays out before us and this level sounds alive. there is the sound of hammers in the distance and the unmistakable roar of many lit forges. We know from these sounds alone we have found the Forging, Crafting, and Refining Halls. Our scouts report massive storage tunnels holding all manner of mineral and gem. they also report the 16th Hall is one massive clan hold mostly belonging to the Longbeards. We should have one of our Longbeard clansmen explore his clans hold maybe we will find something to aid us there we will send a unit of axemen with him.
    The enemy is ready for us and this battle will be hard fought. The goblins will not let there military effort fall into our hands easily. There General has been fighting us since the start and now makes his final stand on this level. We must be close to our brethren below if they hold here and not in the deeper levels.

Yes: Spawn trained heavy goblin warrior army next to settlement with catapult. -1 unit of Axemen

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 8

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 7 Goblin army destroyed or left province

We the Oath Bearers.

The Goblins will never recover from losing this level and they well never be giving the chance to take it back! Now we can use these forges how they were meant to be used and make proper tools of war. our clan smiths are ready and eager to lite the forges once again and start crafting our Oath Bearing army weapons and armor worthy of the cause. Our hammers will sound in the deeps of Khazad-dûm once again and they will never be silenced again.

Longbeard report: They have found an old Longbeard armory hidden behind great vault doors bearing the same locks we found before. It was filled with fine armor and the unit has claimed the armor and weapons they are ready for battle now.

Yes: cost 100 gold for 10 turns All Oath bearers receive "Great Axe of Khazad-dûm" +4 attack and "Ring Mail of Khazad-dûm" +2 hitpoints. +1 unit of "Khazad-dûm Warriors"

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 9

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 8

We the Oath Bearers.

The 5th level is ready to be taken however this level is totally silent beside the sounds of those annoying drums down below. Our scouts also report that the fighting has stopped and that can mean something great or terrible so we must not stop our march to them let us hope our brethren still draw breath and have scared off the goblins.

Scout Report: This level contains only the 17th and 18th Halls. these halls were once the home of our training grounds for our warriors. They seem to be separated out between the two halls the 17th for forging weapons and armor. the 18th was used for the new warriors homes and training them for battle. We have also found a room that is totally sealed off from us. the doors show the markings of all the clans and bear the symbol of Durin himself. They have the same marks in the doors to hold rings as keys however our clan rings seem not to be the keys. Could they require the 7 rings giving to us so long ago? This matter will be dealt will later when we have time to wait and ponder a solution. All we can surmise for now is something of great value lies behind those doors.

General our front lines have been ambushed by cave trolls and goblins we must join the fight!

Yes: Army is 3/4s goblin warriors 1/4 trolls with 1 catapult.

No: temporary unrest in all dwarven cites wait 5 turns to redo event. -3 units in army.

CHAINED EVENT
    MENACE EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 10

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 9 Goblin army destroyed or left province

We the Oath Bearers.

We have finally found the location of those drums and the chieftain of this goblin horde! they are cornered in the 19th Hall let us do our finally blow against these orcs and finally drive them out of Khazad-dûm. the 20th hall is the site of a great battle and the goblin and dwarven dead are spread out everywhere. However we have found no sign of a living dwarf.. let us pray that there are still yet some that live below in the deepest part of Khazad-dûm. This place resounds our voices and echo's back "Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!" and the goblins cower in fear before our might.

Our Oaths made so long ago shall now be fulfilled with these last few axe strikes. let this day be known for all time across middle earth. Khazad-dûm will be ours once again and the dwarven race will flourish like in ages past.

Yes: Army of elite goblin warriors. no trolls

CHAINED EVENT
    REINFORCE MILITARY EVENT

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 11

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 10 Goblin army destroyed or left province

We the Oath Bearers.

General I have several reports for you.
    The first:
    The 6th level contains dwarven records dating back to the first age! we have lucked out and the vaults were untouched by those goblins. with this knowledge we can reclaim much of the lost craft. The final stand for those goblins occurred in Durins ancient throne room. it will take time to rebuild it to its former glory. The Chamber of Mazarbul is once again ours.
    The second:
    We have followed the trail of bodies from this level down into the 21st Hall of the 7th level. The scouts found yet more terrible battles the dwarves in these battles must have fought for endless days. We did however find survivors! Balin and an Regiment of Axemen and Axethrowers held onto the latter half of the 21st Hall. He has recorded his journey in the Book of Mazarbul so we my recount his work taking back and trying to hold these halls.
    The Third:
    All 7 levels belong to the Dwarves now we have out victory yet the 7 deeps need to be reclaimed. They are completely undefendable and our scouts report no goblins in 6 of the deeps the last deep called "The Flaming Deeps" our scouts refuse to enter because it is believed "Durin's Bain" lies there.

Balin wants to pass on an message that is only ment for you but this will have to wait after he recovers from his wounds. He also had Ori pass on a copy of the book of Mazarbul to you.

Yes: Spawn Balin and 1 unit of axethrowers and axemen. wait 7 turns for next set of events.
    All "Oath Bearers" traits are replaced with "Oaths Fulfilled" +5 Command +4 When Defending +4 when attacking +2 Hit points +7 Moral. No general after this point can get "Oath of Khazad-dûm"
    All Generals and Ruler gain "Copy of the Book of Mazarbul" +3 Loyalty +2 Authority +2 moral.

Balin traits "Marks of War" "Confident Defender" "Silver Helm" +1 hitpoint "Born conqueror" "Longbeard Clan" "Book of Mazarbul" +6 authority +1 movement "Faceted Moria Adament" -This Adament has been cut and polished to such a point it seems to absorb and reflect every source of light even mere torches. We still dont know what they are for but we soon shall find out.-

No: cant say no.

-------------------------------

[I know this last part is off from the books and even the movie however this location for this mod has also been tweaked giving there is a faction here. So i wanted to give the players more rushing to do to test their ability for extended battles and troop conservation.]

Allright that is my military Khazad-dûm. the Deeps event chain will deal more with economy type events and then one last epic battle against the Balrog.
    There will also be side events dealing with maps and the eventual discovery of the Book of Telchar and the opening of that sealed Vault. There might also be some ring forging in the dwarven future. nothing like the one ring but something nice and strong all the same.

Last edited by Banditks on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Alright so we know that the evil one has three of the rings but we don't know where he put them. So i am going to go out on a creative limb and make an event for them.

CHAINED EVENT

The Three Rings of Power 1

Army in the province of Dol Guldur and an evil faction still controls it.

Gandalf has appeared before our King to give him a message. When he searched Dol Guldur on a mission he found out two important things. Firstly he found Thrain II and recived the map to enter and reclaim Erebor. This did in time lead to Erebor being reclaimed and yet one more dwarven kingdom to be reforged. The second piece of information that he found was the three dwarven rings of power were being kept there to tempt Thrain into betraying his kin. One of the rings happened to be Durins Ring of power the most powerful and last of the seven.

Yes: Receive mission to capture Dol Guldur and reclaim the rings.

No: -1 loyalty to Nearest General

CHAINED EVENT
    MORAL CHOICE EVENT

The Three Rings of Power part 2

The Three Rings of Power part 1. Player Owns Dol Guldur

We have seized control of Dol Guldur and have found the three rings of power before they could be secreted back to Mordor. We are mostly the broadbeam clan and Durins clan the Longbeards dwell elsewhere should we send the clans their respective rings and keep our own or should we keep all three since we fought and died for them? It has been many ages since we have been able to weild that much extra influence over middle earth.

Yes: Receive all three rings. Ruler gets "Ring of Durin" +6 Command +6 Authority +3 attack +5 moral +6 Mining Heir gets "Ring of Stone"+4 Command +3 Authority +2 attack +3 moral +4 Mining next highest authority family member gets "Ring of Iron"+3 Command +3 Authority +2 attack +2 moral +5 Mining. however All three get trait "Greedy" and lowered relation with the other Dwarven factions and all allies.

No: Ruler gets "Ring of stone" +4 Command +3 Authority +2 attack +3 moral if player has "Lord of the Ironfists" He gets "Ring of Iron"+3 Command +3 Authority +2 attack +2 moral +5 Mining. The player also receives a large boost to relations between any surviving Dwarven faction. Dwarven Ruler and heir's names also change to [Name]"The Noble".

where do i post ideas for traits and ancillarys?

Things to come
    "Book of Telchar"
    "Map of the Seven Levels"
    "Map of the Seven Deeps"
    "Made the Endless March"
    "Oath of Defense"
    "The 7 Great Clan Rings"
    "Durin's Tower"
    "The ArkStone"
    "Book of Narvi"
    "Orocarni"
    "3 Stolen Rings"[Done!]
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 pm

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Economy or Honor? Part 1

completed "Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 11" Waited 2 turns after completion

Balin is now ready to give you his report in private. You both move into the Chamber of Mazarbul and he sits down. We have fought long and hard here in Khazad-dûm and before we were pinned into this level i found something that some of us only think is a legend. I am completely sure i found the endless stairs. We all know these stairs lead from this level the roots of middle earth up to the peaks of Zirakzigil. Ontop is the Tower of Durin,Only Durin knew the purpose of the tower but now we will all know. Now that we have a level of security here let us take a party up these stairs and experience what Durin must have at the peak.

However the other choice is to finally make sure every part of Khazad-dûm is ours and we start clearing the 7 deeps and making way for our mining operations. I know few goblins will be there and only Durin's Bain we will have to fight long and hard against.

Yes: +2 loyalty to all "Oath Bearers" and +1 loyalty to all Dwarven generals. Ruler and all Dwarven generals in any of the Khazad-dûm settlements gain "Made the Endless March" +1 authority +1 Hitpoints +2 Command. Takes 2 turns to receive "Made the Endless March"

No: -1 loyalty to Balin and Trigger "The Seven Deeps" event

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Economy or Honor? Part 2

Economy or Honor? Part 1

After making the endless march we are finally here! Durin's Tower it is one of the best carved towers any dwarf has ever seen. There is a roost ontop for Eagle and Raven alike suggesting a time when Dwarf could speak to both and had strong ties with them. There were many windows opening up to the starry night sky and it seemed they were in such a great host that they could not be counted. The halls of the tower were wide and tall to a grand scale. Every dwarf that made this march and walked in the tower of Durin was touched deeply and moved in such a way to never forget such a place.

As the dwarves explore the tower they find a room totally open to the sky and an object that was twice the size of a dwarf covered in the middle of the room. The walls were and floor were covered in runes speaking about a light that would delve deep into mountain as deep as any dwarf would go. The dwarves there cautiously uncover the object to reveal an immense crystal with innumerably facets catching light even from the dim and distant stars. Suddenly in the halls and deeps below the Halls all were brighten by the soft blue light of the stars. every dwarf could now see ceilings that were hidden from their fires. All seven levels of Khazad-dûm were now easy to navigate and no dwarf need carry a torch.

As the dwarves in durins tower continue to explore they notice the weathering on the stonework and desire to restore this holy place to what it once was. Call back the Ravens and Eagles and polish the Great Adament of Light to make Durin proud. They all look to you for approval.

Yes: 2000 gold cost 300 gold a turn for 5 turns. Central city gains "Durin's Tower" +40 line of sight, increased trade, Increased public order, Increased population growth.
    No: -2 loyalty all generals, unrest in all Khazad-dûm cities.

Things to come
    "Book of Telchar"
    "Map of the Seven Levels"
    "Map of the Seven Deeps"
    "Made the Endless March"[Done!]
    "Oath of Defense"
    "The 7 Great Clan Rings"
    "Durin's Tower"[Done!]
    "The ArkStone"
    "Book of Narvi"
    "Orocarni"
    "The Blue Wizards"
    "3 Stolen Rings"[Done!]
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am

UPGRADE EVENT

Commission

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 11 and 7 turns have passed

We have claimed the seven levels. Yet this is still a labyrinth and we only stay to the main paths for safety. We should Commission our miners and explorers to map out every hall, tunnel, and entrance to the deeps. Then we can move quickly through these places and react to any possible danger.

Yes: -2000 gold cost 100 gold cost for 10 turns. After 5 turns all Dwarves that are in or enter any Khazad-dûm settlement receive "Map of the Seven Levels" +4 movement +2 hitpoints

No: hold off event for 5 turns.

CHAINED EVENT
    MORAL EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Books of old

Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 11 is completed. 25% chance to trigger this event after each turn.

Our explores found a vault on the fourth level inside the vault were many books including one from the first age! We found the Book of Telchar inside is written all of his works during the first age among his works were the knife Angrist, the sword Narsil, and the Dragon Helm of Dor-lómin. With his knowledge we will all benefit greatly and soon these works will be created again! Should we make copies for our dwarven kin? or keep it to ourselves for our own kingdom?

Yes: Wait 5 turns for triggering event "Forge of Telchar" +2 Chivalry to Rulers heir and +1 Authority to Ruler. Nearest General receives "Book of Telchar" +3 Loyalty +1 attack +3 Moral

No: -2 Chivalry to Rulers heir and -1 Authority to Ruler. Trigger event "Forge of Telchar"

Things to come
    "Book of Telchar"[Done!]
    "Map of the Seven Levels"[Done!]
    "Map of the Seven Deeps"
    "Oath of Defense"
    "The Seven Great Clan Rings"[Done!]
    "Durin's Tower"[Done!]
    "The ArkStone"
    "Book of Gamil Zirak"[Done!]
    "Book of Narvi"
    "Orocarni"
    "Forge of Telchar"[Done!]
    "3 Stolen Rings"[Done!]

Last edited by Banditks on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Forge of Telchar

Books of old completed

Telchar was a great Smith of armor and weapons. He was trained by Gamil Zirak both are Dwarves of Ered Luin. Both draw there lines from the Broadbeams and Firebeards. The book reveals much about the forging process and how to make weapons of great strength and power. We should re-purpose one of our own forges to start forging weapons for our soldiers. Should we start this process now? our smiths are eager to put hammer to anvil.

Yes: 4000 gold cost 200 gold cost for 4 turns. after 4 turns create "Forge of Telchar" +2 defense +2 attack to all Dwarven units trained here.

No: Unrest in all dwarven settlements in the misty mountains

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Gamil Zirak the Smith Part 1

Perfect standing with the Lindon Elves, "Reclaiming the greatest city in Middle Earth. Part 11" is completed, and "Speak, friend, and enter" is completed

We have been approached by a group of historians from the Grey Havens. They bring us a gift, I am not sure my lord what historians would give us as a gift but they will no reveal what it is until they see you in person. Should i allow them entrance?

Yes: Trigger "Gamil Zirak the Smith Part 2"

No: slight decrease in relation with the elves of Lindon

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

Gamil Zirak the Smith Part 2

Gamil Zirak the Smith Part 1

The historians approach you with a box and set it down before you. It is a gift they have been waiting to give us until we have proven that we care what happens in middle earth and plan to fight evil. They must have found out about us retaking Khazad-dûm. Do you accept this gift?

Yes: King receives "Forge Book of Gamil Zirak" +2 Mining +1 Authority Trigger Event "The Seven Great Clan Rings"

No: decrease in relation with the elves of Lindon

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Seven Great Clan Rings part 1

Gamil Zirak the Smith Part 2

My King it was a gift of an old dwarven book! Our scribes have found it was from Gamil Zirak and put in code to protect our greatest smiths work. Some of his work was among the most prized possessions of Elu Thingol. We should translate this book and see where it leads us!

Yes: 1000 gold cost 200 gold cost for 4 turns. after

No: Unrest in all dwarven settlements in the misty mountains

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Seven Great Clan Rings part 2

The Seven Great Clan Rings part 1

We have finally translated all of the book. It took us a year to do it but it was worth the time and effort once you know what we have found! Gamil Zirak found out how to create rings of power now without Gamil alive we will not be able to create rings such as the seven that had been giving to us but we will be able to create rings of respectable power. Should we commission our smiths to start the work? it could take as long as two years to create a ring for each clan.

Yes: 2000 gold cost 500 gold cost for 8 turns. after 8 turns every Dwarf that is a lord of a house revives his clans respective ring.
    [Example]"Great Clan Ring of the Broadbeams" +4 Command +2 hitpoints +4 Chivalry

No: Unrest in all dwarven settlements in the blue mountains.

UPGRADE EVENT

The ArkStone

Economy or Honor? Part 2 and 25% chance event will trigger each turn until its triggered.

The ArkStone in Durins Tower is something of immense value and we should study it and return it to its full and former glory. It will take time for our smiths to fully understand how Durin created such a work but in time it will be polished and repaired for the benefit of all.

Yes: 1000 gold cost and 200 gold for 8 turns after 8 turns General in central Khazad-dûm settlement receives "The ArkStone" +5 public order +4 population growth +2 mining

No: -1 loyalty to General in central Khazad-dûm settlement and unrest in all Khazad-dûm settlements.

Things to come
    "Book of Telchar"[Done!]
    "Map of the Seven Deeps"
    "Oath of Defense"
    "Durin's Tower"[Done!]
    "The ArkStone"[Done!]
    "Book of Narvi"
    "Orocarni"
    "3 Stolen Rings"[Done!]

Last edited by Banditks on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:32 am

CHARACTER EVENT

Oath taken

General has Confident Defender trait

There are dwarves that strive in everything they do to defend our halls from invasions. They have spent their lifetimes devoted to holding the line against any foe and never give an inch to the enemy. This dwarf has decided to take on the Oath of Defense he will from this day on bar the way against any who intend harm on his people or land. He will spend the rest of his years here as Captain of the Guard.

Yes: "Oath of Defense" -This dwarf has decided to take on the Oath of Defense he will from this day on bar the way against any who intend harm on his people or land. He will spend the rest of his years here as Captain of the Guard.- +2 command when defending 50% decrease in movement speed. +5 defense +2 Chivalry +6 public Order

No: -1 Loyalty to General

CHARACTER EVENT

Oath taken

General has Confident Attacker trait

There are Dwarves that strive in everything they do to seek out and destroy the enemies of the Dwarven people. They have spent their lifetimes devoted to the tracking and hunting down of all kinds of foes. This dwarf has decided to take on the Oath of Vengeance he will from this day never stop hunting and always seek to even the scales for past grievances. He will spend the rest of his years here as Captain of the Vanguard.

Yes: "Oath of Vengeance" -This dwarf has decided to take on the Oath of Vengeance he will from this day never stop hunting and always seek to even the scales for past grievances. He will spend the rest of his years here as Captain of the Vanguard.- 50% increase in movement speed. +2 command when attacking +5 Attack +2 Dread -6 public Order

No: -1 Loyalty to General

UPGRADE EVENT

Books of old

"Speak, friend, and enter" completed. 15% chance each turn to trigger

Our scholars have been searching and recording all they find in the seventh level of Khazad-dûm they have found the writings of Narvi! He created Durins Doors with the help of Celebrimbor and this forged a great friendship between our people. We should take and learn from his writing so we may create more great works inside this mountain. A group of Smiths what take up his work once again. Should we fund this group?

Yes: [can occur in any Khazad-dûm settlement "Guild of Narvi" 15% decreased building cost 5% decreased training cost. Ruler gets "Book of Narvi" 5% decreased building cost 5% decreased training cost

No: unrest in all Khazad-dûm settlements

Things to come
    "Book of Telchar"[Done!]
    "Map of the Seven Deeps"
    "Oath of Defense"[Done!]
    "Oath of Vengence"[Done!]
    "Durin's Tower"[Done!]
    "The ArkStone"[Done!]
    "Book of Narvi"[Done!]
    "Orocarni"
    "3 Stolen Rings"[Done!]
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 pm

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Seven Deeps part 1

Economy or Honor? Part 1 and all Khazad-dûm settlements are under Dwarf control.

We are now ready to reclaim the deeps as our own and bring complete life back to this place. Taking the deeps back will help our economy grow however we do know that Durins Bane still stirs in the deeps somewhere so we must always be on our guard. The firs deep called The Redhorn Lodes is where we should start. This Deep is rich with Copper and some Iron both of which we can use to sell and make weapons. We know that there will be no goblins in these deeps because they are next to impossible to defend. So it will cost us time and money to get them back into proper Dwarven order.

Yes: Cost 1000 gold and cost 100 gold for 2 turns adds to Eastern most settlement wait 2 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 2. "Redhorn Lodes" -This Lode is rich with Iron and Copper both valuable goods- increased trade goods

No: wait 2 turns then redo event.

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAINED EVENT
    UPGRADE EVENT

The Seven Deeps part 2

The Seven Deeps part 1

The first deep is back under our control and we can start to hear the chime of hammer and pick in the deeps again. We are back doing what we desire to do. The next deep had been damaged from the Goblins poor attempts to mine the precious gems inside. It will take longer for us to repair and get the mining network back into shape. Our miners estimate just under a year to do so. Once we are mining however we should have many grand and precious gems to sell. there have also been reports of Coal deposits as well.

Yes: Cost 1500 gold and cost 200 gold for 3 turns adds to Central most settlement wait 3 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 3. "Second Deep" -This Lode is rich with semi-precious gems and coal both valuable goods- increased trade goods

The Seven Deeps part 3

The Seven Deeps part 2

Mt Fauidhol was a blessing to our people because the mountain is almost completely made of granite. Our third deep was responsible for all granite works in our city everything you see is one of two things carved out of the living stone right there or created from this deep. This deep is going to be costly to retake because trolls where placed in this deep to.. well lets not dwell on that. We should clear whats left of their presence and start mining again.

Yes: Cost 2250 gold and cost 300 gold for 2 turns adds to Southern most settlement wait 2 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 3. "Fauidhol Deeps" -This Lode is rich with granite a very valuable goods- increased trade good

The Seven Deeps part 4

The Seven Deeps part 3

Mt Zirakzigil is a great place in all the ways you can imagine on the top is Durin's Tower and deep inside are great veins of silver and iron rich beyond imagine. Our fourth deep called the "Silvertine Lodes" is our silver mine and was one of our greatest works next to he "Great Delving" deeper in Mt Zirakzigil. The silver mine had been damaged from our battles and that of the past. It will take aleast a year to get the Lode back to where our miners can work the deeps.

Yes: Cost 3000 gold and cost 300 gold for 4 turns adds to Western most settlement wait 4 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 5. "Silvertine Lodes" -This Lode is rich with Silver a very valuable good- increased trade goods

The Seven Deeps part 5

The Seven Deeps part 4

Mt Zirakzigil is a great place in all the ways you can imagine on the top is Durin's Tower and deep inside are great veins of silver and iron rich beyond imagine. The fifth deep is called The Great Delving and for good reason. We have carved a great cavern out of here and it stirs every Dwarf who sees it. This deep has fallen into extreme disrepair and will take us over a year to clear it and rebuild the structures to continue mining it.

Yes: Cost 3500 gold and cost 400 gold for 5 turns adds to Western most settlement wait 5 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 6. "The Great Delving" -This Lode is rich with Iron a valuable good- increased trade goods

The Seven Deeps part 6

The Seven Deeps part 5

This deep is very close to an underwater lake and it is a constant battle and resource to keep this deep in operation. The water is a welcomed resource but it has undone a lot of our work. We will need to redirect the water and collect it to feed our cities and keep the mining tunnels clear. Our miners have also learned there is a plume of precious jewels in this deep. it will take time and great cost to rebuild this place but it will benefit us all.

Yes: Cost 4000 gold and cost 500 gold for 4 turns adds to Central most settlement wait 4 turns to trigger The Seven Deeps part 7. "The Wet Works" -This Lode is rich with Coal and Precious Jewels both valuable goods- increased trade goods

The Seven Deeps part 7

The Seven Deeps part 6

All of us fear this final deep but we all want to take it back from our peoples bane. This deep called "The Flaming Deeps" Is where the most precious metal in middle earth is found Mithril.. however our greatest foe also lies in this deep and we finally must face it. We should gather a great army to face it and finally defeat this beast reclaiming all of Khazad-dûm for our people and the last step to give our people a new golden age will come to pass.

Our race will not die out and will not stay hidden in these times of war. we have out allies and we have our foes both will know the might of the Dwarves and never forget it.

Yes: Spawn Balrog next to eastern most settlement. Cost 2000 gold and cost 200 gold for 2 turns adds to Eastern most settlement wait "The Flaming Deeps" -This Lode is rich with Mithril the most valuable good- increased trade goods

alright there i am DONE with all the ideas i have for the blue mountain dwarves! what do you guys think? wow.. that's 56 events for this faction x-x

I will be moving onto research for the Erebor Dwarves and i hope to see have some events for them!
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:14 am

New events on the way!
    Thorin's Realm
    and!
    Azaghâl's Realm
    AND!
    Mithril Forge!
    Eöl
    Eöl
    Possessor of the One Ring
    Possessor of the One Ring

Gemini
    Monkey

Post  Eöl Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:15 am

just had time to look at your events and they are wonderfull again. Very Happy
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 am

I never know what to say to you....aside from hugs and tea with biscuits for you!
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 am

thanks guys ^^ it was so nice of you to let the general public make events for you. i would also like to thank you for how supportive you all are its one of the main reasons i press on and continue to pump out as many events as i can.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 am