Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

+11
Bela
Makkhariel
Poosticks7
Skeleton Of The West
wudang_clown
Atanatar
Arthochtonien
corneliussky
Kinkojiro
Terafis
Archaon
15 posters

Bugs - BETA 3.99

Eöl
    Eöl
    Possessor of the One Ring
    Possessor of the One Ring

Gemini
    Monkey

Bugs - BETA 3.99 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bugs - BETA 3.99

Post  Eöl Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:07 am

wohoo, bela cheers Nice smillie Very Happy
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Comments : what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
    what comes in bottles or in cans…
    BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 am

cheers Just a way of using a great man's great job! Laughing
    Skeleton Of The West
    Skeleton Of The West
    TROA leader
    TROA leader

Pisces
    Rooster

Post  Skeleton Of The West Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 am

Nice Eol, we have a new icon now Razz cheers .
    Bregil
    Bregil
    Contributor / Entry level

Post  Bregil Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi all,
    Just a few things I noticed playing as the Dwarves of the Iron Hills (version 3.99):
    The Elves of Eryn Lasgalen refused an alliance stating: The Dark Lord does not seek to enter into an actual alliance with your people for now. (I thought it was kinda funny)
    Dain's Hall - mini map is all black (at least in the wooden castle map)
    Also, in this game Gondor was destroyed by turn 19. (H/H difficulty)

While playing as the Rangers of the North I noticed that the battle icon is still Russia from M2TW.

I've seen it mentioned but I also had an "unspecified error" CTD on Gondor's turn. Initially it was on turn 21 every time I reloaded. When I load up the Third Agetest.bat it works fine. I switch back to normal (to the original save) and it goes about 3-4 turns further and crashes again on Gondor's turn. I seem to be able to play just fine in test mode though. The log folder was empty until I ran the test mode so I don't have any logs from the CTD.

Hope this was helpful.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for your feedback, it WAS very helpful (if you find more bugs also, please post them). I just ask you to make a new folder in the DAC folder, called logs. When you have a crash, the logs will be appearing there (will correct this in next version).
    Please play your save again, and then post your log (at least the last 100 lines) in here, in order I can check what caused your crash (there's a known bug in there for Gondor, that will also be corrected in next version).

EDIT: And welcome to the developer forums! cheers
    Bregil
    Bregil

Post  Bregil Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks
    Ok, I created the folder and started playing again but haven't been able to replicate it yet. I'd already saved the progress I'd made playing the test.bat so that might be why. (It's about 6 turns past the crash point.) I wonder if it had something to do with the fall of Minas Tirith because by the time Aragorn's stack got down there both parts were overrun.
    I've also noticed that it only seems to do it when the player is RotN. I'm way past that point with the Dwarves of the Iron Hills and had no issues.
    I'll try some more factions and maybe start a new RotN campaign to try to replicate it.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 am

Thank you for your efforts. There are some minor and a few major bugs with the Rangers (without causing CTDs), but referring to Gondor's turn, this is always in relation with 1. the Corsair invasion (spawned armies are sometimes causing a CTD) and Gondor's reconquering Dol Amroth and Edhellon (spawning armies again). We are working with the solution, it will be fixed in version 4.0 (among many others).

If any new bugs you find, please report them (also, if you find any bugs, just post them, we need to know all in order to fix them) Wink

Thank you once again and wish you a bugless game!

cheers

Bela
    Bregil
    Bregil

Post  Bregil Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Ok, started over on RotN to see if it would repeat. Just had an army vanish on me. I didn't have anyone in Hoarwell and had an army coming from the Trollshaws to garrison it. I gave them orders and they went there on their own, except it was still empty after they arrived. I selected them in the army tab and the selection ring (the green circle) was just outside the town to the NE. I moved them in manually and they reappeared.

Ok, I had another CTD with the RotN. Strangely, this one was on Shadow of Dol Guldor's turn (turn 24). I've posted the last group of lines from each of the 3 logs. I backed up the full logs if you want to see all of it.
    Spoiler:
    Hope that was helpful.

One other thing I've noticed is that Angmar sometimes ends up with M2TW Vanilla portraits for some of its generals. This is normally after the general has been killed and a captain takes over.

EDIT: Also, Lorien has the Ikoner's Studio from M2TW Vanilla (+50% to the effect of Orthodox Churches) and the picture in the description for the Keepers of the Shield is a Peasant from Rome. Their icon on the battle HUD is Portugal as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:23 pm