Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

5 posters

Yet another installation problem thread

wilting
    Registered heavy DaC user

Yet another installation problem thread Empty Yet another installation problem thread

Post  wilting Mon May 03, 2010 10:04 am

Hi folks,

So I understand that 7zip views the two seperate files for 3.99 as one file, and that I am to extract these to medievalII/mods/Third_AgeDaC, however I am still having problems.

When I extact using 7zip I get the following error messages:

0 can not open output file C:\Program Files 9x86)\SEGA\Third AgeDAC.bat
    1 can not open output file C:\Program Files 9x86)\SEGA\Third Agetest.bat

Furthermore, when I actually go into the Third_AgeDaC folder in windows explorer it appears to be empty. If I look at the folder via 7zip instelf I can see the folders inside it with a little lock symbol beside them, I've tried mucking about with 7zip but don't see any way of revealing/unlocking these folders.

I downloaded from megaupload twice to make sure it wasn't a problem with a corrupted file but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would very much like to be able to enjoy this mod.

I am using windows 7 by the way.

- Wilt
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Yet another installation problem thread Empty Re: Yet another installation problem thread

Post  Squeaky Tue May 04, 2010 3:37 am

Hiay Wilting,

I run windows 7, and have had problems too...will go ver the process again,a nd see what I can tell you....when I did it I think Installed from another location INTO the mods folder, biot unzipped inside the folder

will check
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Comments : what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
    what comes in bottles or in cans…
    BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Yet another installation problem thread Empty Re: Yet another installation problem thread

Post  Bela Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 am

Although this is related to another mod, maybe the hints there can help you:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=321114

Good luck, I hope this can solve your problem.

Bela
    McHard
    McHard

Post  McHard Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok..I`ve downloaded the 7Zip Files around 12 times..Everytime the same problem when extracting the files.. nearly all files seems to be corrupted.. Evil or Very Mad .Am I the only 1 having this problem?
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:56 am

When I downloaded the files, they were corrupted once or twice... 12 times is very-very unusual... did you stop all other applications when downloading? (like torrents, any other pages, etc. If those run, they can cause some problems) Do you use any download manager programmes? They ought help a lot.
    McHard
    McHard

Post  McHard Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 am

Yes..Downloadmanager, I use it 2..makes no difference. And no...I have no applications running in the backround when installing..

I also tried the vista tips from Archaon(turn off AUC etc.), btw. many thanx dude, so in the end I managed to download the 1st part and extracted it into a folder (no corruption). Archaon said something about NOT installing the 2nd part and starting the game without it.
    But I could`nt run the game either. So I thought I need the 2nd part 2..But 7Zip wont open it..then I compared both parts with hjsplit and tried to extracting the big compared file, but nevertheless in the end it was "corrupted" time again.

I am at my wits end...the last thing I think I can do is waiting for version 4.0 and hope the best Crying or Very sad .
    McHard
    McHard

Post  McHard Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:34 am

Ok...I finally managed 2 install the 704 MB installation of the Beta 3.99..(old release) Without having ANY problems.. :. Current Release Version "kiss my #+*!".

Now I can have a look on this promising mod. cheers
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 am

Glad to hear that McHard! I was worried about that for you....I never had any problems (apart from aiming from a diff folder when extracting), but I guess I'm just incredibly lucky.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes, what Archaon mentioned was that you don't have to extract part nr.2 as part nr 1. extracts both.
    I'm glad you've managed to download it, I hope you'll like this BETA version also. We're working on 4.0, which will change lots of features and gameplay elements, and many-many more!
    Should you encounter any problems during the game, just leave a post somewhere and we'll try to help you out! Wink
    McHard
    McHard

Post  McHard Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am

Excellent Mod...I love it..Thanx a lot guys Wink
    Bregil
    Bregil
    Contributor / Entry level
    Contributor / Entry level

Post  Bregil Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Glad to hear it, hopefully you'll like the next release down the road even more. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 am