Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

2 posters

TheDrummer's Gondor events

TheDrummer
    TheDrummer
    Registered heavy DaC user

Cancer
    Rooster

TheDrummer's Gondor events Empty TheDrummer's Gondor events

Post  TheDrummer Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:08 pm

For Gondor! Very Happy

CHAINED EVENT

The Mighty Minas Ithil Pt.1

Some time into the Campaign, Must not control E. Osgiliath or Minas Morgul

Great Steward, I invite you to take a step back in time with me, to a better time in Gondorian history. Gondor's borders stretched far and wide, we controlled many great cities. Including Isengard, Osgiliath, and the Mighty Minas Ithil. Speaking of which, Gondor could indeed restore some of its former glory if we were to take the Tower of the Moon and rebuild it. If you agree, then I will continue with this plan that I have devised.

YES: You have peaked my interest... Go on, please. (Begin Pt.2 in 3 turns)
    NO: Gondor is glorious enough, I have no time for this! (-1 happiness in all cities)

============================================================================================================================================================

CHAINED EVENT

The Mighty Minas Ithil Pt.2

Chose "YES" to Pt.1 + Existing Prerequisites

Thank you for allowing me to continue. Now, on the matter of Minas Ithil, first we're going to need to reunite Osgiliath. That will give us a path to to the Morgul Vale. Before entering said vale, We'll need to take North, South, and Central Ithilien, plus Cair Andros, to assure our army a safe trip to the Morgul Vale. But I'm ahead of myself... For now, we set our sights on the former Capital of Gondor: Reunite Eastern Osgiliath with the already Gondorian controlled Western Osgiliath, and we'll have taken the first step to recapturing Minas Ithil and reigniting the glory of Gondor! Assemble your Best Generals Outside of Minas Tirith and we'll continue.

YES: Excellent! Assemble my Generals! (+1 Happiness in all cities, begin pt.3 in 10-12 turns)
    NO: I would love to... but I'm afraid I have too many things to attend to at the moment. (+1 unrest in all cities)

============================================================================================================================================================

CHAINED EVENT

The Mighty Minas Ithil Pt.3

Chose "YES" to Pt.2 + Existing Prerequisites

Now, as I said before, the first step on The Road to Minas Ithil is reuniting Osgiliath. Once you have accomplished this, we have a way into the Morgul Vale, after that we will shift our attention to the Ithilien and Cair Andros. Now go and address your selected Generals, since they will be the ones heading this assault after all!

YES: Well spoken, I will relay this to my Generals. (All generals in Anorien gain "The Road to Minas Ithil" (See my traits/ancils))
    NO: Wait... Just a little more time! (Re-trigger in 3 turns)

CHAINED EVENT

The Mighty Minas Ithil Pt.4

5 turns after capturing E. Osgiliath, Must not control Minas Morgul

Your Generals have done an excellent job Great Steward. Now, as you remember, The plan is to completley surround the Morgul Vale. That will ensure not only a safe path for our army, but will restrict Mordor's reinforcements to one area. This means taking North, Central, and South Ithilien plus Cair Andros. So, you must decide, do we head North and take Henneth Annun and Cair Andros? Or do we shift our focus to the Southern cities of Emyn Arnen and Tir Ethraid?

YES: We head North, I'd rather wait to fight the Haradrim. (Begin Pt.5 immediatley)
    NO: South it is, I would rather leave Cair Andros for last. (Begin Pt.6 immediatley)

Last edited by TheDrummer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
    wizenhimerman
    wizenhimerman

Comments : How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
    Taurus
    Dog

TheDrummer's Gondor events Empty Re: TheDrummer's Gondor events

Post  wizenhimerman Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

I love how this sounds but depending on when this event happens it could actually stunt Gondor's expansion into Mordor. I know that when i play as Gondor expanding East and assaulting Mordor is a pretty early thing to start. If this does not start early in the campaign i'm afraid most players will never see this event. If they would happen to see this event later in the campaign it could stop people from even trying to expand into Mordor, which is a major part of Gondor's gameplay. The second one isn't as much of a problem as i think the first one could be. So i think it might need to be a early game event.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 pm

I thought about that, i guess by "some time" I meant a little bit to get your economy in order and other such things.
    wizenhimerman
    wizenhimerman

Taurus
    Dog

Post  wizenhimerman Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

ok. i was just kinda worried about how it would effect the gameplay in the longrun.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah, it occurred to me while writing that: "Whats the point of playing Gondor if youre not gonna fight Mordor right out of the gate?"

So a little time in, but not that much.

*Updated BTW* Very Happy
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Updated with Parts 3 and 4.
    wizenhimerman
    wizenhimerman

Taurus
    Dog

Post  wizenhimerman Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

This event is really sounding good. And now i think it will help Gondor's invasion of Mordor as long as its early in the game. Keep it up ause i cant wait to see pt.5!
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:00 pm

This event is on indefinite hiatus.
    Sorry Wiz. :/
    Can't say why atm.
    wizenhimerman
    wizenhimerman

Taurus
    Dog

Post  wizenhimerman Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 pm

too bad. it sounded good. but who knows.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:48 pm