Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

5 posters

TheDrummer's yes/no event ideas.

TheDrummer
    TheDrummer
    Registered heavy DaC user

Cancer
    Rooster

TheDrummer's yes/no event ideas. Empty TheDrummer's yes/no event ideas.

Post  TheDrummer Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 pm

CHAINED EVENT
    CHARACTER EVENT

The Orthanc Stone Pt.1

It is 3000 TA, Saruman must be Faction Leader

Once, long ago, the lords of Middle Earth used stones of unbreakable material to see across great distances. There were seven of them, and they were scattered across the older realms of Gondor. When many of these territories were lost to the enemy, the known locations of the stones were lost as well. There is one of these stones in The Orthanc m'lord! Use its power to scout the outlying lands! We can keep an eye on anyone who dares get close to the Ring of Isengard!

YES: Indeed, such a powerful artifact will be of tremendous worth in my hands! (Saruman gains "Palantir of Orthanc" Ancillary (+ a reasonable amount to line of sight), Begin Pt.2 in 10 turns.)
    NO: No, I do not have time for such pursuits. (Wait 5 turns, event triggers again.)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

CHAINED EVENT
    DIPLOMATIC EVENT

The Orthanc Stone Pt.2

Chose "YES" to part 1

You have used the stone a great many times, and seen many things without problems. However, something is different about the stone during this use of it. It would appear that The Dark Lord himself has contacted you! Will you speak with him?

YES: Yes... He may have something worhtwhile to say... (Relations with Mordor changed to "good" if not already there. Begin Pt.3 in 5 turns.)
    NO: No, I have not the time to speak with anyone! (Relations with Mordor Worsened somewhat, Event re-triggers in 5 turns.)

CHAINED EVENT
    DIPLOMATIC EVENT
    CHARACTER EVENT

The Orthanc Stone Pt.3

Chose "YES" to Pt.2

The Dark Lord is pleased that you will have an audience with him. He proposes this upon you: Join with Him, ally with Mordor and bring to Middle Earth the pain and destruction it deserves! None will stand against the might of Mordor and Isengard!

YES: An intellegent proposal indeed. We will bring Middle Earth to its knees! (Alliance with Mordor, relations with Rohan and Gondor Worsened. Saruman gains "Joined the Dark Lord" (I'll figure out what that does later)
    NO: Preposterous! To join such a cause would be abondoning reason for madness! (War with Mordor, relations with Rohan and Gondor changed to "good" or higher depending on current relations, Saruman gains "Refused the Dark Call" (figure out this later too)

Last edited by TheDrummer on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

TheDrummer's yes/no event ideas. Empty Re: TheDrummer's yes/no event ideas.

Post  Banditks Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm

awesome start keep it going!
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:31 pm

*UPDATED*
    Thanks, I'll most definitley keep going Very Happy
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Great!! Squeaky Star awarded...

Last edited by Squeaky on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 am

Woohoo! Squeaky Star!
    (also, UPDATED)

Question: I've been wondering if its good to include Gondor in the relation changes. I can't decide if Gondor would care about Isengard or not. :S
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am

Yes, I think that stregically Gondor has to worry that their best ally is under assault.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:29 am

okay, i'll leave Gondor then. Thats it for that event, i'll start another after i dish out some ancils.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:29 pm

MERCENARY EVENT

Friends and Allies

At War with Dunland for at least 10 turns and lost 1 or more settlements to them, Allies with Rohan

M'lord, The Wildmen are getting out of hand. Our men our fighting to their limit, we cannot hold them from our lands forever. However, there is a way we can turn the tide: Call upon of the Riders of Rohan m'lord. They have forever been our friends and allies! They will help us expel the Wildmen of Dunland from our lands!

YES: Call upon the Rohirrim! We need their help! (Pay 3000 gold, Half Stack of Riders of Rohan appear in Nan Curinir.)
    NO: No, this is Isengard, I am Saruman the White! We will handle this ourselves! (+1 Unrest in all cities.)

Last edited by TheDrummer on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 pm

EVENTS TO COME!!

Diplomatic: Something to do with Ents

Menace: Orcs of Sauron

Trade: Trading with Rohan and Gondor

Disclaimer: Listed events are for "Good" Isengard.

*Writer's Note*: The names listed here are not the official titles for the Events, Official Titles will be listed when events are completed.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am

MENACE EVENT

Sauron's Growing Influence

At War with Mordor/Shadow of Mirkwood

M'lord, The Dark Lord's Influence is ever growing. His minions are everywhere. Our Cities, our farms, everywhere. The scouts have reported Orc sigtings close to the Fords of The Isen. It would be wise to meet them and stop them. Send out an army and rid these vile creatures from the Nan Curinir for good!

YES: These vermin must not be allowed to taint The Isen! (Pay 2500 Gold, small Isengard Army appears in Nan Curinir, 50% chance small Mordor OR SoM army appears in Nan Curinir, Saruman/Faction Leader gains "Defender of The Isen" +2 Autority and +1 Command)
    NO: This problem will take care of itself, hopefully they leave soon. (50% chance small Mordor OR SoM army appears in Nan Curinir, Saruman/Faction Leader gains "Hiding in Orthanc" -2 Authority and +1 Unrest in Isengard)

Last edited by TheDrummer on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 am

Keep it going....you're doing really well.....very pleased to see these multiplying like orcs!
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks Squeak, and there is more to come trust me. Very Happy

*Also*
    Event above updated.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

TRADE EVENT

Aiding the Men of The West

Relations "Good" with Rohan and Gondor

The Men of the West have stood defiant of Sauron for a great many years m'lord. Gondor has kept Mordor confined within their bordors for the most part, with Rohan riding to their aid when needed. However, in recent years, their resolve has been weakening, they have not the will or weapons to last much longer... But we do m'lord! If we were to begin trading weapons to the Men of the West, perhaps the war can be turned against Sauron and his forces of Darkness.

YES: Yes, If Gondor and Rohan fall, Mordor will run rampant upon Middle-Earth! (Trade Rights with Rohan and Gondor granted, Saruman/FL gains "Aiding the West" +1 Authority)
    NO: They've survived this long alone, they can keep going alone. (Relations with Rohan and Gondor changed to "Poor". Saruman/FL gains "Working for Himself" -1 Authority)

*NOTE*
    Will write descriptions for all ancils/traits soon. Wink

Last edited by TheDrummer on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:31 am

Good, good...keep in it...very nice to see another person pounding out stuff. We always get suprised by the dedication of people who offer to help. Will be inviting you to the Squeaky CLub at some point reasonably soon I suspect.
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks Squeak, I look forward to it. Smile
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:38 pm

UPGRADE EVENT

Updating the Archives

Relations "Good" or higher with Gondor

It is widely known, m'lord, that Minas Tirith has an amount of archives unparalleled by any other. There is information there that could be invaluable to Isengard! Perhaps the Steward would allow us to acquire some of this information and use it to our advantage!

YES: Of Course! We need this information to advance the might of Isengard! (Special Building in Isengard "Archives of Orthanc", +1 happiness in Isengard, +1 Troop Production in Isengard.)
    NO: No, we have no need of the help of men! (-1 happiness in Isengard, +1 unrest in all cities.)
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:47 pm

DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Ents in the Treegarth

Ents must own Fangorn, Relations "Good" with Ents

M'lord, we have been approached by someone. It is an Ent of Fangorn, he says that his people have notice a lack of care for the Trees in Isengard lately. He proposes that if you would allow it, He could take care of them for us. It would be wise, since Ents have special knowledge in the area of growing things.

YES: Of course, it is always important to keep Isengard looking impressive! (Relations with Ents increase, Governor of Isengard gains "Ent Friend" Ancillary +1 Happiness in Isengard)
    NO: No, the Treegarth will be fine. (Relations with Ents decrease)
    Squeaky
    Squeaky
    Empress of DaC
    Empress of DaC

Post  Squeaky Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:34 pm

luuuuuuuuuuuuurvvvveee it....thanks AGAIN for the work you put in...top notch stuff really. It's the ideas that are hard, and you just pump 'em out...

cheers
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank you very much, im tryin mah best. Very Happy
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 am

MORAL CHOICE EVENT
    REINFORCE MILITARY EVENT

The Cost of War

At war with anyone, two or less units in Isengard

The cost of war is great my m'lord. Many lives are changed by its course. In such course, it appears that the garrison of Isengard has become dangerously low on troops! We could counteract this by drafting some new recruits into the army, but they would be mere peasants...

YES: It cannot be helped... we need the men... (Pay 1000 gold, -1000 pop. in Isengard, 4 units of relative weakness appear in Nan Curinir, +2 unrest in Isengard)
    NO: We cannot do this, the peasants have nothing to do with our war. (+1 happiness in Isengard, +1 public order in Isengard)
    Eöl
    Eöl
    Possessor of the One Ring

Gemini
    Monkey

Post  Eöl Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 am

Great events!!! cyclops

Your ideas are very creative and new yet very likely for middle earth.
    Please make also events like this for other factions. It doesn't matter if they are copies of these events. Smile
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks! It's been quite the fun experience!

I did actually have an idea in my head for Dunland... I'll put that one up soon.

None of my events can be copies of each other though, theres nothing I loathe more than unoriginality! Laughing
    TheDrummer
    TheDrummer

Cancer
    Rooster

Post  TheDrummer Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Alright!! Half the needed events for my beloved Isengard are done, and they are all good... Now to do some evil ones!! Twisted Evil

CHAINED EVENT
    DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Taming the Wildmen Pt.1

At war with Rohan

M'lord, as much as I enjoy you wanting to crush those horrid Rohirrim... I just cannot fathom how we will accomplish this alone! Then I had a thought... The Wildmen of Dunland have been fighting the Rohirrim for many years and seem to have a unique hatred of Rohan. Perhaps we could contact them and somehow twist them into an ally.

YES: An excellent idea! Glad I though of it! Contact the leader of the Wildmen immediatley! (Relations with Dunland increase, Begin Pt.2 in 5 turns)
    NO: Absolutley not!I will not ally myself with such filth! (Event re-triggers in 10 turns)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

CHAINED EVENT
    DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Taming the Wildmen Pt.2

Chose "YES" to Pt.1

Unfortunately m'lord, upon contacting the Leader of the Wildmen, their respone was one of utter insult to our mighty Isengard! They said that in order for them to help us, first we must prove to them that we will be a worthwhile ally. For us to do this, we must take a Rohirric settlement. Then will the Wildmen join us in our conquests.

YES: This is highway robbery! However I see no other way... (Relations increase with Dunland, maybe something else)
    NO: What?! I will prove nothing! (Relations decrease with Dunland, +1 unrest in all cities)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

CHAINED EVENT
    DIPLOMATIC EVENT

Taming the Wildmen Pt.3

Chose "YES" to Pt.2, 5 turns after capturing a Rohirric settlement

M'lord, Now that you have captured a settlement from those wretched Rohhirrim, those extortionists from Dunland say that they are willing to fight for Isengard. An alliance will now be in order as well as trade rights and military access. Now we can crush those horrid Rohirrim under our armored feet!

YES: Fine, let us forget this and start fighting already! (Alliance, Trade Rights, and Military Access with Dunland)
    NO: End event, no saying no.

Last edited by TheDrummer on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Eöl
    Eöl

Gemini
    Monkey

Post  Eöl Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:27 pm

cant wait for the rest cheers
    Jakev2
    Jakev2
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Dog

Post  Jakev2 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:29 am

Truly EXCELLENT work!!!!

It's so pleasing to come back from my absence to see so many new faces working hard. cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm