Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

2 posters

Welcome one, welcome all, to the DaC public event forum!

Jakev2
    Jakev2
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Dog

Welcome one, welcome all, to the DaC public event forum! Empty Welcome one, welcome all, to the DaC public event forum!

Post  Jakev2 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Hello all! Very Happy

Welcome to the Divide and Conquer submod's very own Public Event forum! We are inviting all members of the general public (yes that's you) to contribute to this wonderful mod, and potentially have your own work in the final version (whilst also helping to reducing our workload Razz ). We're specifically looking for yes/no events (which is basically where the player is given a choice).

A description of yes/no events can be found here, as well as links to the various types: https://dacmod.forumotion.com/public-event-forum-f81/just-what-is-a-yes-no-event-t785.htm#9371

Here is a link to a guide on how to post your event ideas: https://dacmod.forumotion.com/public-event-forum-f81/how-to-post-an-event-idea-t787.htm

I'm your freindly moderator for this section of the DaC forums, Jakev2 (a.k.a. Taters, a nickname given to me by Squeaky thanks to my avatar), and I'll be keeping a close eye on things here, hopefully making helpful suggestions and praising good work. I'm sure a few other mods will stop by here every now and again, so you may well get to know them too. I'm also an event writer myself, so feel free to critique my work when i post it. If I start to get a bit out of line (i.e. if i go crazy with power Twisted Evil ) just let me know, and if I don't listen call Squeaky, I'm sure she'll set me staright Very Happy .

The DaC community is a big, vibrant, multicultural family, and the chatbox is the lifeblood of the forums. This is available on the forum home page for ALL members, including all of you public writers, to access. Hopefully we'll see you on there soon Wink .

Please maintain courtesy at all times when using these forums, I don't want to have to warn/ban people for bad language.

Anyways, good luck with the writing everybody!

Last edited by Jakev2 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
    patrician1
    Registered heavy DaC user
    Registered heavy DaC user

Comments : Huge fan of medieval and all off it's submods Smile
    Scorpio
    Cat

Welcome one, welcome all, to the DaC public event forum! Empty Gandalf aids Rohan Event

Post  patrician1 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm thinking of some missions regarding helping other factions. Since DaC will actually have an economy in contridiction to Tatw some ideas could really make a difference. In this quest Gandalf, Rohan and Isengard are involved. It's not an yes/no event but that wasn't needed the OP said Smile

Gandalf - Théoden event

part 1
    Event starts somewhere along the time of the second ruler of Rohan, which should be Théoden. Grima Wormtonque would spawn then. The spawning of Grima should go hand in hands with a few negative traits for Théoden.

Grima Wormtonque is a general for the faction Rohan. He has many negative threads which upset the people and have a negative effect on everything possible (economy, moral, etc etc). He also have the ancillary "advisor to the king" which gives 0% movement and +100% against bribe (this way Rohan is stuck with him for a long time.

Part 2
    In the correct timeframe Gandalf should travel to the region of Edoras to break the spell Saruman has on Théoden. When this happened Grima will be gone from the army of Rohan and become a general for Isengard. He will loose the ancillary "advisor to the king" but will be given the ancillary "Follower of Saruman" which gives him some good extra's (like command and obedience). He would have low hit points in order to resemblance his weak posture. The player only has to bring Gandalf in range of Edoras. The banning of Grima and exorcism (miss a good word) of Saruman could be made in a small movie perhaps to make it more interesting.

In the case that Edoras falls before this mission is completed. Grima should automatically be scripted to Isengard if he wasn't present or when he was present he should be resurrected to Isengard after getting supposedly killed in Edoras.

When Gandalf has succeeded in driving Grima and Saruman presence away from Théoden he will be rewarded with the ancillary "Shadowfax". This will give Gandalf extra movement, authority and command. Rohan is rid of Grima and will have his economy improved, and less unrest in their capital. No need to change the attitude towards Isengard (to quote Théoden: I will not risk open war"). Probably remove all negative traits from Théoden to make him stronger.

Part 3 (possibility)

Gandalf could trave far north to return the Rohirrim that where banned by Théoden. This would give Rohan some heavy horse units and would give Gandalf the thread Gandalf the Wise

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:29 am