Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

3 posters

Stuck Units

OSDEA7
    Registered heavy DaC user

Stuck Units Empty Stuck Units

Post  OSDEA7 Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:04 pm

While playing in a 3d battle i have noticed that there is always 1 unit group stuck on the red entry border and they never do enter before battle is over.Also i have had a battle with 3 ORC armies against me and they each had a unit group stuck on the entry border half way in.When you hold the mouse over them it says they have not entered the battle yet.But they never do.
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Stuck Units Empty Re: Stuck Units

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:15 am

That's an autogenerated map issue.
    OSDEA7

Post  OSDEA7 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 am

Vaz wrote:That's an autogenerated map issue.

Ok!But i have not seen this in other mods.So what is causing it in this one?Or is it still being worked on?
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:49 am

Best person to ask would be Skeleton - he's our Mapping Guru. I've had this is several mountainous regions - notably the Misty Mountains, but also in the Minas Morgul Pass.

In addition, I played a battle once in the Shadow of the Carrock, and my generals unit was stuck on a ledge, with no way off or down. Luckily, I was Silvan Elves at the time, and was on the defence, so I could shoot until my arrows ran out, and then just spread out and wait for the enemy to run out of arrows and time to end.

Started a new campaign, and didn't ever have that issue again, so it's random generation that's the issue.

I have noted though, that if fighting in Goblin Town, on occasion, if sieging from the West, and an enemy force attacks your army from the West or North west, they sometimes get stuck.
    Skeleton Of The West
    Skeleton Of The West
    TROA leader
    TROA leader

Pisces
    Rooster

Post  Skeleton Of The West Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 am

I never encountered this kind of bug scratch . It seems to happend randomly, and mainly influenced by the units in the armies fighting and the armies' starting positions. I have really no idea what is causing this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content