Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

5 posters

Bugs list of 3.999

Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Comments : what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
    what comes in bottles or in cans…
    BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Bugs list of 3.999 Empty Bugs list of 3.999

Post  Bela Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:53 am

Dear all,

I made this thread in order to remove all (most) of the bugs encountered in 3.999. I ask all of you to post your experiences in here, so the team can check and correct those.

I'm making a bugfix for current version (hopefully will be released on Saturday, 19th June) (due to real life issues, I will have no time to finish it this weekend), so the players can play the game until 4.0 will be released.

List of known bugs:

-game starts in windowed mode (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -a small explanation will appear at the end of each events at first turn, in order to make it understandable for everyone (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -Khazad-dum units stuck in Khazad-dum (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -Several other factions' units stuck in towns (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -CTD during Gondor's turn (appears only if Corsair Invasion script is running) (working on fixing this, some tests are still needed)
    -invisible reinforcement units fix (will be in the bugfix, some tests are still needed as there are so many of them Laughing ). Good news is that from now on, you can play the reinforcement units in custom battle, too! (so I wanna see Pellenor Field battles and Helm's Deep battle replays!). See?

Spoiler:

Bugs NOT solved in bugfix (as these will be completely changed in 4.0):

-wrong dialogues and accents for factions
    -wrong strat modells (like having three Witch-Kings from Mordor and the Shadow factions)
    -invisible OotMM Faction Leader battle modell
    -some castles (like Dain's Halls) floating in the air. This was a known bug of vanilla Third Age 1.2. As 4.0 will be based on vanilla 2.0, it will be removed.
    -upkeep costs and economy details. Upkeep costs will be back in 4.0, economy will be based on vanilla 2.0.
    -map changes. Map will be based on vanilla 2.0 and expanded map sub-mod by SKeleton of the West.

Last edited by Bela on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:33 am; edited 6 times in total
    Bregil
    Bregil
    Contributor / Entry level

Bugs list of 3.999 Empty Re: Bugs list of 3.999

Post  Bregil Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 am

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but:
    Most, if not all elven factions have Mordor dialog in diplomatic discussions (ie: The Dark Lord does not wish an alliance with you at this time.)
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 am

Thanks mate, this is what I was thinking about. Cool

OP updated.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:04 pm

OP updated. Bad news, I will have no time to finish it tomorrow. I'm sorry, it's because of some really-really important real life issues I must do.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:33 am

OP updated.
    saladin
    saladin
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Cat

Post  saladin Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 am

as i work on coding stuff during the weekend, ill take a look at the invisible ootmm faction leader model and the corsair invasions bug. nice work Bela!
    Aramiteus
    Aramiteus
    Forum troll
    Forum troll

Comments : No comment.
    Aries
    Rat

Post  Aramiteus Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 am

Hi,

downloaded the mod yesterday and like it.
    Found Bugs till now:
    descr_mercenaries.txt complete nonsense because you've changed evel factions to islam.
    Hm. Please remove flood from desasters because it is bugged. After a flood in a region you cannot build watchtowers etc.
    free_upkeep bonus in EDB do not make really sense if the units have not upkeep costs. (what I like very much and consider it as a very good feature, because it is called Total War and not Total Management :-) )
    militia_drill_square:
    recruit_pool "Silvan Spear" 1 0.125 2 0 requires factions { mongols, portugal, } and region_religion orthodox 90
    recruit_pool "Silvan Sword" 1 0.1 2 0 requires factions { mongols, portugal, } and region_religion orthodox 90
    recruit_pool "Silvan Heavy Spearmen" 1 0.075 2 0 requires factions { mongols, portugal, } and region_religion orthodox 90
    recruit_pool "Silvan Shieldsword" 1 0.075 2 0 requires factions { mongols, portugal, } and region_religion orthodox 90

should be 80% religion requirement, I guess.

Started one campaign with gondor and Imladris elves. Missing some unit_info pics for higher level units.

Oh. too fast aging because of two times winter in season script. Perhaps it is wanted this wanted this way, but characters always aging one year after winter. In this case two times.

; > Seasons/aging **Vanilla TATW CORE
    declare_counter period
    set_counter period 1 ;set to Jan -Feb

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal ; set the season for each period
    if I_CompareCounter period == 1 ;Jan, Feb
    console_command season winter
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter period == 2 ;March April
    console_command season summer
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter period == 3 ;May June
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter period == 4 ;July Aug
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter period == 5 ;Sept Oct
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter period == 6 ;Nov Dec
    console_command season winter
    end_if

inc_counter period 1 ;advance the period
    if I_CompareCounter period == 7 ;start a new year
    set_counter period 1
    end_if
    end_monitor

Liked to have this to changed only to one winter season. (Prefer correct aging to correct seasoning :-) .)
    Hm. In my last campaign Rohan cancelled their alliance with Eriador in favour to an alliance with the eveil faction south of eriador. If you like I can take a look to the descr_campaign_ai_db.xml to avoid such thing in future. For example good factions never ally with bad (islamic) factions and vice versa. Shall I?

Just took a look into the descr_start.
    No Ai_label for the bad factions? They use the default one in that case. Wanted this way?
    Example:
    faction hre, balanced smith
    ai_label

Another perhaps one:
    Sauron spawned in Ithilien exposed to assassins this way. Why not in the inaccessible right upper corner of the map as in TATW 1.4.1?

Just found this in the islamic AI-label that is used for the good factions in descr_campaign_ai_db.xml

<decision_entry>
    <!--
    DON'T ALLY WITH CATHOLIC FACTIONS
    -->
    <min_entry target_religion="catholic"/>
    <max_entry target_religion="catholic"/>
    <faction_attitude want_ally="false" pts_alliance="-100" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>

of course it should be
    <decision_entry>
    <!--
    DON'T ALLY WITH "good" FACTIONS
    -->
    <min_entry target_religion="islam"/>
    <max_entry target_religion="islam"/>
    <faction_attitude want_ally="false" pts_alliance="-100" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>

lol. got a 6 year old offered for marriage:
    Think the reason for this is in descr_campaign_db.xml
    <family_tree>
    <max_age uint="520"/>
    <max_age_for_marriage_for_male uint="500"/>
    <max_age_for_marriage_for_female uint="500"/>
    <max_age_before_death uint="520"/>
    <max_age_of_child uint="10"/>
    <old_age uint="500"/>
    <age_of_manhood uint="12"/>
    <daughters_age_of_consent uint="16"/>
    <daughters_retirement_age uint="25"/>
    <age_difference_min int="-10"/>
    <age_difference_max int="200"/>
    <parent_to_child_min_age_diff uint="8"/>
    <min_adoption_age uint="20"/>
    <max_adoption_age uint="30"/>
    <max_age_for_conception uint="500"/>
    <age_of_manhood_close uint="14"/>
    <max_number_of_children uint="4"/>
    </family_tree>

<age_of_manhood uint="12"/> <age_of_manhood_close uint="14"/> should be lower than the first one. Or perhaps a wrap around because of the huge <age_difference_max int="200"/>. But unlikely if integers are 16 Bit. I'll try it first with <age_of_manhood_close uint="10"/>. If it doesn't help I'll lower <age_difference_max int="200"/>.

This will eleminate the anoying error entry in the log file which I do not have anymore and therefore cannot state it here caused by the gap for the turks in the EDB.

northsouthroad city requires factions { turks, milan, sicily, } and hidden_resource greenway
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    road_level 2
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 8
    cost 7800
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    westroad city requires factions { sicily, milan, } and hidden_resource westroad
    {
    convert_to 4
    capability
    {
    road_level 2
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 6400
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    and don't forget to do the same for the castle roads, please.

regards

Aramiteus
    saladin
    saladin
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Cat

Post  saladin Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 pm

excellent stuff here, will be checking this stuff out ingame
    saladin
    saladin
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Taurus
    Cat

Post  saladin Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 pm

this might be just a bug for me, but ill im focused on finding a solution and will post here when i fix it. For me for some reason the new faction symbols are not showing for the the new factions and the vanilla m2tw symbols are showing up, but only the symbols that scroll through when you end turn. it's minor but annoying. does anyone else have this bug, i need to know so i can figure out if it's something i did while adding dol amroth faction.
    Bregil
    Bregil

Post  Bregil Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:21 pm

I don't have that one but I have noticed that all of the factions added after the original TATW ones have vanilla M2TW shields on the tactical battle UI. (ie: Rangers/Russia, Lorien/Portugal, Belegost/Aztecs)

Also, for some reason Lorien can build a M2TW Ikoner's Studio.
    Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks Bregil, the Ikoner Studio thing was the bug of the 1.2 vanilla version. I must check the battle ui thing, thanks for letting us know Very Happy

Aramiteus, thank you for all your feedback, although I think we should leave the edu as it is now, as 4.0 is on its way, and the recruitment requirements will be totally redone. Although I completely agree that 90% is damn too high! Wink

The missing unit info pictures will be done for 4.0, I think it's acceptable for now.

Too fast aging is again the problem with the 1.2 vanilla version, although I will change it (thank you for driving my attention there), as the 6 years old married guy is a bit unrealistic (although it was normal in the middle age, hehe Very Happy ) (I think it is also due to the two winters, so the engine thinks that the 6 years old boy is 12, so it may come to age and can be married)

About Sauron all I know is that Archaon and Renown planned to make a Sauron faction with Sauron himself, sitting in his tower and is almost completely immortal, and they wanted to give the ring a big role in DaC (something similar as in the One Ring sub-mod, or something).

It would be a great help if you can have a look at the diplomatic stances scripts, as I have only a very little knowledge about it (and also, I have no time to learn it now), so please have a look at it. Wink

Can I ask a favor from you? Can you please have a look at campaign_script's corsair invasion script part? There is a returning CTD when the Invade_Edhellon army approaches. Here's the whole script:

Spoiler:

I tried to do some changes in it, but none worked. My latest idea is that as the armies approach before the Corsairs' turn (hungary), they can siege the town, but as they have to attack the city after Gondor's turn (sicily), Gondor has the chance to defeat the army (and the character may survive), which can withdraw to a distance from where they can not continue the siege (and they can not attack as they have no siege weapons), so this may cause the CTD.
    Unfortunately I have no time to do any tests, so it is mere speculation... can you please have a look at it?

If my theory works, then it would be enough to complete the script with some lines like this to make it work:

Spoiler:
    and so on for the other armies, too...
    Also, I think it would make sense to change their labels to Invade_Edhellon1, Invade_Edhellon2, etc. to not to make any duplication.

Saladin, thanks for the check, can you please let me know if you found a solution?

Thanks for all your work and energy guys, I really appreciate this! If there was +rep here, I'd give it all to you! Very Happy
    nirvana
    Registered heavy DaC user
    Registered heavy DaC user

Post  nirvana Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Bela wrote:Dear all,

I made this thread in order to remove all (most) of the bugs encountered in 3.999. I ask all of you to post your experiences in here, so the team can check and correct those.

I'm making a bugfix for current version (hopefully will be released on Saturday, 19th June) (due to real life issues, I will have no time to finish it this weekend), so the players can play the game until 4.0 will be released.

List of known bugs:

-game starts in windowed mode (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -a small explanation will appear at the end of each events at first turn, in order to make it understandable for everyone (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -Khazad-dum units stuck in Khazad-dum (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -Several other factions' units stuck in towns (will be fixed in first bugfix)
    -CTD during Gondor's turn (appears only if Corsair Invasion script is running) (working on fixing this, some tests are still needed)
    -invisible reinforcement units fix (will be in the bugfix, some tests are still needed as there are so many of them Laughing ). Good news is that from now on, you can play the reinforcement units in custom battle, too! (so I wanna see Pellenor Field battles and Helm's Deep battle replays!). See?

Spoiler:

.Bugs NOT solved in bugfix (as these will be completely changed in 4.0):

-wrong dialogues and accents for factions
    -wrong strat modells (like having three Witch-Kings from Mordor and the Shadow factions)
    -invisible OotMM Faction Leader battle modell
    -some castles (like Dain's Halls) floating in the air. This was a known bug of vanilla Third Age 1.2. As 4.0 will be based on vanilla 2.0, it will be removed.
    -upkeep costs and economy details. Upkeep costs will be back in 4.0, economy will be based on vanilla 2.0.
    -map changes. Map will be based on vanilla 2.0 and expanded map sub-mod by SKeleton of the West.

uhm thanks you very much

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm