Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

3 posters

Applying the patch properly

Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Applying the patch properly Empty Applying the patch properly

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am

Alright well i can get the base DAC 3.999 working but it comes up in windowed mode.

I know the bugfix that is provided on these forums fixes the windowed mode problem however when i apply the patch the game ctd right after the splash screen comes up. however the CTD does not appear on the non-patched version.

as for the map.rwm i cant find it anywhere in the DAC install to be deleted. however i did find it in the normal TATW install removing it from the file doesn't change the CTD.

I am guessing from other threads you will be wanting something akin to a error log. I will provide you with them which of the last few lines of the three logs that are created do you want to see?
    Skeleton Of The West
    Skeleton Of The West
    TROA leader
    TROA leader

Pisces
    Rooster

Applying the patch properly Empty Re: Applying the patch properly

Post  Skeleton Of The West Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 am

Yes it will be helpful if you will show us your logs.
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:18 am

DAC.ai.log = empty

DAC.script.log: the last few lines.
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event PreBattleScrollAdviceRequested
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event MultiTurnMove
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event MessageClosed
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event BrotherAdopted
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event Demeanour
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event AcquisitionMission
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event ObjSeen
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event EventCounter

DAC.system.log: last few lines.
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event Demeanour
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event AcquisitionMission
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event ObjSeen
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    07:13:09.890 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event EventCounter
    07:13:09.890 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_AgeDAC/preferences/player.txt

I am guessing the missing player.txt has something to do with it. however its strange that the download and the patch dont include the player.txt at all. in fact i cant find the player.txt anywhere even dealing with anything TATW.
    the only two files in preferences is "advice" and "keys.Dat"

there is also this line under the same system log
    07:19:42.578 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2872, column 9

i found the line of that code. column 9 is the line right next to northsouthroad

}
    northsouthroad city requires factions { turks, milan, sicily, } and hidden_resource greenway
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    road_level 2
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 6400
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    Skeleton Of The West
    Skeleton Of The West
    TROA leader
    TROA leader

Pisces
    Rooster

Post  Skeleton Of The West Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:33 am

I dont really know whats wrong, Im not the one who constructed the bug fixer so I dont know what has been done with player.txt... I dont know whats wrong.
    Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:35 am

Skeleton Of The West wrote:I dont really know whats wrong, Im not the one who constructed the bug fixer so I dont know what has been done with player.txt... I dont know whats wrong.

allright well do you know how to fix the windowed mode? the regular mod works save the auto windowed mode.
    eh ok found the .cfg file
    Skeleton Of The West
    Skeleton Of The West
    TROA leader
    TROA leader

Pisces
    Rooster

Post  Skeleton Of The West Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 am

Open the cfg and there search for windowed and make it false, save the file and launch the game. Make sure you change the cfg that relates to the launcher you use(there are 2 launchers and 2 cfgs).

Bela
    Bela
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Comments : what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
    what comes in bottles or in cans…
    BEER!

Leo
    Monkey

Post  Bela Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:24 am

Unfotunately I have no time recently to do any modding, and I know that there are still some errors in the bugfix (that's why it is not published yet on TWC). If you read the bugfix for 3.999 thread, you will see that it is not finished yet.
    Also, if you have a look at the relevant thread (https://dacmod.forumotion.com/bugs-errors-troubleshooting-f7/dac-bugfix-for-3999-t769.htm , check post nr. 13), you will see that your CTD can be fixed and it will be as soon as I will have at least three hours to investigate the bugfix and correct the errors in that (but due to some real life duties, I'm unable to, unfortunately).

Banditks
    Banditks
    DaC Resident
    DaC Resident

Virgo
    Tiger

Post  Banditks Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah i will just use the non-bug fix. found the spot to fix the windowed mode as well. anyways this has got to be a difficult mod to keep bug free since there is just so much added to an already massive game. I also understand the time restrictions being a full time college student and juggle work as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm