Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The privy forum for sub-mods of THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR; 'Divide & Conquer' and 'Ruins of Arnor' ++ team chat/editing/discussion zone++

5 posters

! HELP ! Missing units

Louby2
    Registered heavy DaC user

! HELP ! Missing units Empty ! HELP ! Missing units

Post  Louby2 Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi everyone

I've a little problem... All the units of the new factions (Elves of Lorien, Dunedain rangers...) are missing or there's only "General's Bodyguard" or "Archer Peasant" pale

Thanks

PS : Vista, I've tried the 3.75 and the 3.99
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

! HELP ! Missing units Empty Re: ! HELP ! Missing units

Post  Vaz Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah, in custom battle, that's because all factions are just a direct copy (i.e Lindon is just a direct copy of the Rivendell High Elves (who are the High Elves in Vanilla)), but they haven't had any new units yet.
    OSDEA7

! HELP ! Missing units Empty Invisible units

Post  OSDEA7 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Playing as Silvan Elves having battles in Mordor.There are more invisible units here.Orcs of Mordor Heavy battle Trolls and Heavy Goblin Infantry are invisible during 3d battles.All i see is a torch and some dust flying and then my guys are fighting ghosts.

(Playing as Gondor.I have taken the Fortress Durthang.There is a graphics error there.The entire second tier of the fortress is floating in the air.It has no base to sit on.)

Another problem i see is the ballista crews of the Shadow of Mirkwood are invisible.I see torches floating in the air and moving with the ballista's but no crew men are visible.

Last edited by OSDEA7 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Rectified.
    OSDEA7

Post  OSDEA7 Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Vaz wrote:Rectified.
    Is this solved for missing and invisible units?
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 am

All except Battle Map are solved.
    OSDEA7

! HELP ! Missing units Empty Invisible units

Post  OSDEA7 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Oh!Well tell you truth i have not noticed strat map missing units.But i have seen several battles with Invisible units.They are there and they fight but can't be seen.It's funny to see your troops being smashed and tossed in the air but not seeing the perp.From the violent fight i can tell it's battle trolls though.You can see what they are when you use flaming arrows to kill them because they are set on fire when they fall.
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Who's talking about the Strat map? =\ you lost me, sorry.

As for the Battle Trolls of Mordor, they're now their own unit, so no worries there. I've not put them in for Angmar or Mirkwood. I don't think Plate Armoured Battle Trolls fit either of those yet.
    OSDEA7

Post  OSDEA7 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:59 pm

[quote="Vaz"]Who's talking about the Strat map? =\ you lost me, sorry.

As for the Battle Trolls of Mordor, they're now their own unit, so no worries there. I've not put them in for Angmar or Mirkwood. I don't think Plate Armoured Battle Trolls fit either of those yet.[/quote

I thought you meant when you said (all but the battle map) that you solved all the strat map issues.Sorry ,misunderstood reply.

Also i not only had invisible Battle Trolls but Heavy Goblin Infantry was invisible in the same battle with the Trolls.
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

As said, all invisible units should be fine by now. However, I'm restacking the entire mod instead, so it's easier to find stuff that's relevant. It could break it again though, but that'll be the build that 4.0 works around =/
    Eöl
    Eöl
    Possessor of the One Ring
    Possessor of the One Ring

Gemini
    Monkey

Post  Eöl Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Vaz wrote:As said, all invisible units should be fine by now. However, I'm restacking the entire mod instead, so it's easier to find stuff that's relevant. It could break it again though, but that'll be the build that 4.0 works around =/

What are you doing?
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

If you look how hard it is to make sense of the unit_models directory for editing, you can't make head nor tail of what goes where, with textures having filenames along the lines of poland, venice, milan, etc, multiple units referencing certain textures, and not knowing which ones, etc.

So, I've taken it upon myself to really straighten out what goes where.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img260/3533/foldercascadedac.png
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img442/1448/foldercascadedac2.png

Hopefully that clears it up.

In the second image, you can see that each particular unit folder can be expanded even further. This will contain the model, the texture, the attachment texture, the normal maps, the attachment normal maps, AND if needed, the Mount Model, AND the mount Texture and mount normal maps.

If there are multiples of a unit (i.e Dismounted Swan Knights and Swan Knights), then instead of having a Dism SK folder, we have the two. IF it becomes necessary for both Mounted and dismounted to have difference textures, then it's far more easily done.

If there's a texture referenced by multiple models, then there'll only be one texture in place (again to save space), but it's easy to split it up into multiple units if need be). However, there will be a Shortcut, AND a text file in the units folder - i.e Dol_Amroth_Archers will have the armoured Gondorian Texture, which is shared by the Spearmen and Infantry. In both of the Spearmen and Infantry files, there will be a Shortcut along the lines of SHORTCUT_Gondorian_Infantry.texture, and a .txt file, which fully explains which units reference the particular texture you are about to edit, and how to create a back up in the particular units folder.

Say, for example, you want to change Dol Amroth Armoured Spears to be Gold, but Archers to be silver, you would then have to copy the Infantry texture from the DAArchers folder into the DASpears folder. You could rename to make it easier. Then, copy the relevant file data, and open the modeldb. Search for the DASpears (which funnily enough, have the same file name - i.e Dol_Amroth_Spear is used in the EDU, EDB, descr_Strat file, description files etc, so it makes sense that the model and textures link together.) Once you've found DASpear, chance the texture location for ug0 to the new one. Simples.
    OriontheHunter
    OriontheHunter
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  OriontheHunter Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Impressive Vaz, very impressive! This will make future modifications much easier. I knew you were redoing the EDU but I had no idea that you were doing this. Very Happy
    Vaz
    Vaz
    Full-time Team member
    Full-time Team member

Post  Vaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:10 pm

It all really goes hand in hand. It also lessens the load off my back later on when I leave again, which could be prolonged.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content